Development Manager (QV)
Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 160312
Position Title: DM
We’re Criterion, and we love making games!
For more than fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our talented people have expressed their passion for world-class game feel, AAA audiovisual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We’d love to hear yours! Crunch doesn’t help make a better game. We don’t do it. For the past three years, we are very proud to have been recognized by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let’s talk about how you could be a part of it.
The Challenge Ahead
Criterion Games is looking for an experienced QA Project Manager to join our growing team. Reporting to the QA Manager, you will partner to define and implement the test strategy for the title and ensure your team's delivery to quality, schedule, and budget.
What a QA Project Manager does at Criterion
QA Project Managers are masters of communication, planning, and prioritization, ensuring risks and issues are identified and tracked to resolution. QA Project Managers oversee the operational delivery of their team's work and guide their personal and professional development.
What you will do:
- Operational QA delivery of a AAA title from concept through live service.
- Define and implement the test strategy for the title.
- Track and report against quality, schedule, and budget, taking remedial action to course-correct as needed.
- Identify and track project risks to resolution, escalating as needed.
- Represent QA within the development team; be visible, vocal and integrated.
- Participate in daily development stand-ups and share updates with the wider QA team.
- Manage the daily efforts of both embedded and remote QA team members.
- Partner with stakeholders across the business to ensure alignment.
- Oversee the personal and professional development of a local team of Quality Designers.
- Ensure all processes are clearly defined, documented, and communicated to all team members.
- Identify and champion opportunities to innovate and improve processes.
What you will have:
- A passion for quality
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- Previous game or software development QA experience (5+ years, including 2+ years in a lead/manager role).
- Experience managing local and remote teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tailor the message to different audiences.
- Experience with white-box/grey-box testing techniques.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring and career development.
- Experience with applications such as JIRA, Confluence, DevTest or TestRail.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with data analysis and visualization tools such as Power Bi or Tableau.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
- Great compensation package
- Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
- Private medical insurance and dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free onsite gym
- Employee discounts
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- Onsite café
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer and Christmas)
- Casual dress code
- Games Area
Community / Marketing Title: Development Manager (QV)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-03-17 16:29:47.28
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.