Associate Quality Designer - Frostbite
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 160085
Position Title: Associate Quality Designer
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players’ experiences first in everything we do. Creating transformational experiences requires constant innovation and brilliant, passionate people. We are developing extraordinary new game experiences by bringing together great people that combine creativity, technology, and expertise to deliver new ways to play. EA is driving the next revolution in games. Join us!
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art, multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with deep player experiences.
As an Associate Quality Designer for Frostbite, you will partner with the development team and their customers to identify, report on, and achieve quality targets for their specialized technologies within the engine. You will be the partner of quality for your Dev team, and will work with several other quality professionals in similar roles to help define quality standards and achieve quality objectives across our many groups.
- Foster strong working relationships with development partners and other stakeholders. Proactively ensure their evolving needs are met and they are updated with pertinent information throughout the development cycle.
- Identify and track key performance indicators. Analyze and use data to make informed decisions.
- Create, manage, and execute a comprehensive set of test cases and suites for the Frostbite development team.
- Prioritizing and delivering on the most important work and employing strong risk management practices
- Partner with your QA colleagues to mitigate cross-project risks and collaborate to produce group-wide quality improvements.
- Looking for opportunities to improve the quality of your team’s process and workflows.
- Proactively investigating problems to understand the root cause and fixing it with your team
Required Skills and Experience
- Understanding of software development processes and SDLC (Agile preferred).
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task across competing demands.
- Ability to take ownership of and accountability for quality and project requirements.
- Familiarity with any source control, debuggers, and other software development tools (e.g. Perforce, Visual Studio, etc).
- 1-2 years of QA software testing experience in an embedded environment
It would also be nice if you have
- Extensive experience with game engines, content & asset editors, and shared technologies.
- Basic understanding of game pipelines
- Familiarity with development planning tools and defect tracking tools (e.g. Hansoft, JIRA, DevTrack, TestRail, etc).
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- How the Frostbite engineis shaping the future of gaming
- More job openingsfor the Frostbite team
- More about our location : EA Vancouver
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Quality Designer - Frostbite
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-02-26 17:40:40.087
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.