Senior Manager, Marcom Activation
Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 159765
Position Title: Sr Manager, Campaign Management
Lead the global EA Games marketing activation team responsible for the development, execution and measurement of integrated omni-channel, consumer-facing EA Games marketing activations, with a focus on building player relationships and delivering on commercial goals worldwide.
- Direct global, consumer-facing marketing; Oversee cross-functional and partner collaboration; Lead teams of marketing experts to ensure consistent and timely execution across all channels – both owned and partner – to deliver on campaign goals and strategies.
- Drive locally nuanced, coherent, consistent, compelling player journeys: Develops global activation plans across owned and partner channels to drive player acquisition and compelling engagement that is globally cohesive and locally nuanced and delivers on commercial goals
- Inspire a cross-functional team of marketers: Inspire an unassailable sense of shared purpose across functional teams and equip, empower and enable solution-oriented creative progress.
- Problem-solve: Collaborate with partner teams within and outside of Marcom to alleviate obstacles to timely, quality player-facing executions
- Set the parameters for activation success: Apply player, market and product insights, along with business objectives and strategies, to define marketing activation approach, tactics and KPIs.
- Connect marketing activation with product and business deliverables: Equip teams with reasons to believe and align campaign execution with development and business goals.
- Provide key planning parameters for Global Media Team and approves EA Games media plan
- Drive activation efficacy: Establish and validate hypotheses relative to KPIs and insights to inform optimized execution.
- Manage a team of Marcom Activation Manager / Associate
- Participate into AT on behalf of Director of Snr Director when required: Represent Director and Snr Director in their absence with Snr Leadership
- Manage global marketing budget: Inform allocation and manage deployment of annual franchise marketing budget in collaboration with Marcom Activation Director, inform optimization of investments throughout the year according to campaign and channel performance
- Signature Initiatives: breakthrough programs applicable to all channels and markets
- Oversee Creation of the Marketing Activation Roadmap: Accountable for global teams’ creation of EA Games integrated marketing activation plan inclusive of multiple channels – both owned and partner – and aligned to business objectives and strategies.
- Drive Seamless Player Journeys: Understand and leverage channel and player insights to create cohesive player journey plans and ensure flawless execution across the channels.
- Manage the Budget Control Document: Inform fiscal year budget allocations for global franchise marketing budget. Update budget documents for quarterly estimates. Drive monthly budget review meetings with stakeholders.
- Drive Rhythm of Business: Ensure cohesive communication and collaboration among the EA Games Marketing Activation team and with key stakeholders. Establish communication touchpoints on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis to ensure visibility and proactive communication of EA Games Activation plans and performance.
- Establish the KPI Scorecard for the campaign: Work with Insights & Analytics, Global Publishing and Channel Marketing teams to quantify and qualify EA Games success metrics.
- Identify, celebrate and implement learnings from beats and retrospectives: Partner with GAI in the development of hypotheses and insights and work with Channel teams to validate or invalidate to inform future optimization.
- Accountability: Prepare a road map for activation success, ensure all are clear, and take action to keep progress on track. Assume responsibility for actions and outcomes.
- Adaptability: Embrace change and help others adjust. Modify approach according to context. Actively seek to become comfortable in new environments or roles.
- Collaborative Leadership: Share expertise and resource to help others. Include all who can contribute to a successful outcome. Stay engaged even when not in full agreement.
- Communication: Craft multi-channel marketing considerations into a coherent whole. Express clear, inspirational player journeys. Share ideas with stakeholders and cross-functional teams and listen openly.
- Innovation: Create solutions to challenges and positively question current thinking. Leverage logic and rationale to influence. Recognize and build on the ideas of others.
- Decision-making: Establish criteria. Seek relevant information to aid understanding. Identify correlation. Determine causation. Arbitrate with balanced, compelling resolutions.
- Seasoned marketer with 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Some experience (2+ years) managing people
- Experience leading global marketing teams
- Experience in videogames or similar dynamic sports/entertainment environments preferred
- Ability to effectively engage and liaise with executive teams
- Excels at working in a matrixed team environment characterized by interdependency
- Ability to galvanize and influence teams and stakeholders across disciplines, at all levels
- Ability to create successful marketing campaign outcomes based on business goals and strategies
- Flexible and dynamic with the ability to adapt to changing goals and objectives
- Understanding of evolving consumer engagement and channel opportunities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, Marcom Activation
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-31 16:07:25.997
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.