BioWare: Senior UX Designer
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Requisition Number: 159726
Position Title: Assoc User Exp Researcher
Senior UX Designer
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
Senior UX Designer
- Collaborate with project Directors, Leads, and Development Partners to develop and document specifications and deliverables that meet quality targets
- Deliver compelling UX approaches, UI solutions, visual systems, interaction behaviors, and design systems
- Review deliverables for quality and accuracy and provide feedback as required; implement and test in engine
- Partner with team leads to determine requirements and establish objectives with external teams
- Maintain strong creative relationships with existing partners and internal teams
- Leverage external production knowledge to explore opportunities with new partners
- Proactively identify improvements in development pipeline in relation to development and integration
- 5+ years experience in Senior positions on AAA titles
- Proven experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer or similar role
- Strong portfolio of design projects
- Problem-solving aptitude with excellent communication skills
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Leadership and Management experience
- Knowledge of production software including Excel/Jira/Shotgun
- Proficient in design software (e.g. Adobe XD, Balsamiq, Sketch, Figma, AfterEffects)
- BSc in Design, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/edmonton
Katie Bieber: email@example.com
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Senior UX Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-01-29 19:32:09.003
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.