Associate Quality Designer
Location: Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain
Requisition Number: 158576
Position Title: Quality Designer I
Quality Designers are individual contributors specialized in important domains of the QA process. Depending on the domain of specialty they will work embedded within the Development organization or on a central/shared group, improve of the QA practice across EA and actively knowledge share across the organization, have a Quality mindset from a consumer perspective, and be an advocate in game design and implementation decisions.
The Associate Quality Designer role will be tasked to collect and analyze data to guide their daily decisions. Main items to focus on include: balance and tuning, features and systems, customer data, processes and workflows, the proper selection of metrics to use, and how to analyze/summarize data. They are expected to apply black-box and grey-box testing, using data and automated testing to identify bugs as early as possible in the development cycle. They review designs to ensure that the title reduces the amount of bugs it creates, and will review designs for “fun”. This requires test strategies and experience which challenge the software to provide a very high level of quality (Functional, Reliable, Usable and High Performance).
Responsibilities include :
- Demonstrate an advanced understanding of the importance of metrics and analytics and use them when doing research and providing feedback.
- Review with other Designers/partners the impact of game features and their influence on essential game metric; provide risk-analysis to development.
- Use external telemetry data and work with SETs/Analysts to make franchise engineering decisions for future titles or for titles in development\iteration where data is available.
- Use understanding of the game features and systems to help review and provide feedback on what telemetry will be valuable to the game team post-launch
- Identify, proposes and implement viable process and measurement solutions within team.
- Articulate trends in a relevant community. Understand what the community wants and expect from a type of game and incorporates that understanding into feedback.
- Breaks down and provides an analysis of the competition. Identify product differentiation and provide impact analysis.
- Is capable to translate End-to-end Customer experience into Test Strategies for a Product.
- Share domain knowledge within team. Look for knowledge within EA that may aid in task/work execution.
- Problem solving with peers. Mentor junior designers on problem solving.
- Use techniques to analyze the title.
- Provide task breakdown, planning, considerations and time estimates for your assignments.
- Provide input to management team to assist decision-making; help assess project impact of available options.
- Understand main projects issues and articulate those to partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- 3+ years’ experience in Data/Product Analysis, Quality Assurance or comparable development experience
- Expertise in multiple data analysis tools and practices
- Understand quality assurance techniques, frameworks and methodologies
- Agile and Games industry experience is a plus
- Understand software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes
- Understand the software development life cycle and how it applies to QA
- Develop working relationships with development partners, customers, support teams, and management
- Observational skills.
- Problem-solving skills
- Experience working in Scrum/Agile environment is a plus
- Analyze personal and team process for innovation opportunities, and escalate potential improvements
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
Since we realize it takes outstanding people to make excellent games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that powered by creativity and passion. You will also get a benefit package that includes medical and life insurance, pension plan, meal vouchers, stocks programs, fitness reimbursement, flex benefit program…and of course, free video games.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- Click hereif you want to know more about our location
- Please check out our digital magazine for more information about Living in Spain
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Quality Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-11-13 16:11:22.803
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.