Gameplay Software Engineer - Madden - C++
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 158375
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
For this role, we are looking for someone to help build our gameplay team. Whether your interests lie in animation, physics, AI, or mechanics, we value any member passionate about building a balanced, immersive, and most importantly fun gameplay experience.
Our gameplay team builds on advanced animation, physics, and AI systems with R&D backing locally and across a global company. Because of the nature of the role and the design influence, you need experience in prototyping, iteration, collaboration.
- Collaborate with design to provide feedback and then create clear and estimable technical designs.
- Provide tested and high-quality technical implementations that meet design requirements.
- Awareness of how technical implementation impacts performance and memory budgets.
- Look for ways to increase team efficiency through tooling or workflow enhancements.
- Contribute to core EA technologies in an architecturally sound way to ensure collaborative development efforts.
- Passion for the development craft and can demonstrate good development practices.
- Understand C++ language, best practices, and architectural considerations.
- Communicate well with non-technical partners, such as artists, animators, designers, and producers.
- Advanced debugging skills.
- Understand parallel programming and resource management considerations.
- Knowledge in 3D math, especially linear algebra.
- Understand C++.
- Understand scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and/or C#.
- Knowledge of animation and AI concepts and techniques.
- Experience in concepts like determinism and dead reckoning programming as it relates to gameplay.
- Experience with performance and memory profiling tools.
- A love of sports in general.
Community / Marketing Title: Gameplay Software Engineer - Madden - C++
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-11-04 14:48:30.757
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.