Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 158242
Position Title: Manager Engineering
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Engineering Manager Role
The Engineering Manager provides leadership to the QE (Quality Engineering) and DRE (Development & Release Engineering) teams supporting the Frostbite team. As an Engineering Manager you will hire, motivate and manage engineers to execute the Frostbite QE and DRE product roadmap while keeping the team’s results, retention and health front of mind.
- Mature experience in people management and working with diverse global teams.
- Responsible for team health (stress awareness and managing employee well-being).
- Provide long-term career growth assistance to team members. The individual bolsters their career progress.
- Mentoring and coaching to improve software engineering skills/practices, where skills are specialists, ensuring the coaching is done by experts in the domain.
Team, Domain & Tech Leadership
- Engineer Productivity – drive for continuous improvement ineffective workflows, equipment, tools, and iteration loops.
- Fostering an agile engineering culture that values delivery, quality, and good craftsmanship.
- Keeping abreast of the latest developments in engineering and technology, including attendance at key conferences, seminars, and meet-ups.
- Strong hands-on leader having led at least one team using an agile methodology.
Skills and Experience
- Software Engineering Leadership – Know how to develop quality software and know if we are on track to do that with the current plan/work.
- People Leadership – must be effective people managers. Must be able to get the best out of a diverse team of people even when delivery pressure is high.
- Deep domain knowledge – In most cases, we will look for managers to be deeply knowledgeable in the technology space of their team to allow them the best chance of being able to determine if the team is making quality software for the purpose requested.
- Minimum 3 years in a leadership position
- Capable of identifying and recruiting key talent based on staffing requirements; solid understanding of candidate hiring practices including interviewing techniques
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At DICE we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package, long term career development and training we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga and cross-fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and also provide our employees with pension; ITP 1 or ITP 2.
Although we enjoy working hard at DICE, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
Community / Marketing Title: Engineering Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-10-28 08:30:26.953
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.