Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 156109
Position Title: Development Manager Applications / QE Manager
Development Manager – Business Applications, EA IT
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
If you like solving problems, lead the team from front, get the job done as a team player and are self-starter this could be a great opportunity for you.
What would I be doing:
As part of EAIT, the role offers a seasoned development manager an opportunity to lead a team and build web-based enterprise applications and solutions. You will lead a team of developers, quality assurance engineers, and support engineers in a DevOps model. You will also help establish the roadmap and strategy of business groups working on both business and technical aspect of an initiative.
- Lead a team of 8-10 Developers and QA engineers
- Own delivery of Mission critical Web and backend development using modern technologies
- Estimate, plan and execute projects using Agile Methodologies
- Initiate, innovate and build best practices across all phases of SDLC.
- Hire and recruit the best talent
- Coach, guide and mentor the development team and build a high performing, happy and successful team
The next great Development Manager also needs:
- Tech/M.Tech/MCA with overall 10+ years of experience in building and delivering complex mission critical applications and projects.
- Very strong technical and hands on background in Architecture and development.
- Experience in building, mentoring and leading engineering function that include large teams (preferably 8+ team size) that are globally distributed in nature with continuous development & testing model being practiced.
- Mandatory Skills:
- Should have managed 8-10 direct reports
- Hands-on coding experience in Java, J2EE, Spring, Spring Boot, Microservices and Angular/React and experience of leading one scrum team ( 10+ people)
- Strong RDBMS fundemtals and exposure to No SQL (Mongo DB)
- Must have delivered large projects with distributed teams using Sprints.
- Good Architecture and Design Skills and exposure to modern architectures
- Strong Microservices architecture and development experience
- Should be willing to code and take development activities.
- Additional Skills:
- AWS ( EC2, S3, Serverless, Step functions, API gateways) is preferred
- Containerization using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in Kafka, Elastic search and Mem Cache
- Good communicator and motivator who is always looking for improvement opportunities.
- Sense of humor.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like Global fitness program, Sodexo (Food Coupons), Parental Insurance & Medical, Accident & life insurance and since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
Community / Marketing Title: Development Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-06-15 10:43:06.167
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.