Senior Graphics Programmer (EA Partners Studio)
Location: Offsite - New York, New York US
Requisition Number: 154767
Position Title: Contingent
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
EA has recently partnered with an independent New York based studio focused on creating ground-breaking innovative game experiences across existing and emerging platforms. They believe in maintaining a collaborative, diverse, and creative team environment and are looking for new team members who have a desire to help grow the studio.
About the Role:
We are an independent game developer with a passion for the unconventional, and we
are looking for great programmers with graphics expertise to add to our team. We have three
- We use C (our preference) and C++ (if we must), to create games and related things. You must be very comfortable in C and C++ and have produced at least one major project using C/C++.
- Our curiosity drives us. You must be deeply curious about something and have some evidence of that curiosity. We are looking for candidates that demonstrate of a pattern of persistent and self-motivated exploration.
- At least five years of graphics programming experience on modern console/mobile hardware.
We use a collaborative, cross-discipline, and iterative development process. We work on constrained
hardware (CPU, GPU, memory) and with hard performance targets (60Hz refresh rate). Beyond that, the problem domain is very broad. Some of the big-ticket items on our backlog right now:
- Work with art director to establish unique visual style. Write the tech to make it happen.
- Understand the graphics performance characteristics of our target hardware.
While graphics is your area expertise, we do not hire programmers so that they may work exclusively in one specialized area. Programmers should own areas of our technology but have the flexibility to work across the codebase.
In addition to the two requirements above, future members of the programming team need to be ready to embrace our studio values including:
- World class through unconventional thinking.
- Respect for players and colleagues. Ready for the responsibility that comes from that respect.
- Regional technology and game development community engagement.
In your cover letter, please share one thing you are passionate about – it can be completely
unrelated to programming and games – and what personal or professional output has come
from this interest.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Graphics Programmer (EA Partners Studio)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-02-26 12:05:02.84
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Offsite - New York
Location_formattedLocationLong: Offsite - New York, New York US