Senior Technical Artist
Location: Stockholm, Stockholms lan SE
Requisition Number: 154621
Position Title: Sr Technical Artist 1
The Frostbite team is looking for an experienced Technical Artist, as part of the team you will be one of the first to get your hands on the newest tools and technology that Frostbite develops and releases to game teams. You will be part of the core technology team that powers games like Battlefield, FIFA, Need for Speed, Anthem and Star Wars: Battlefront.
We want creative, committed and communicative people who are passionate about achieving high quality visuals and streamlining content production on various platforms, while helping to design and feeding back on workflows, and playing a supportive role in the Frostbite community. We encourage members of our team to have a sense of ownership and a strong go-ahead spirit. In return we provide great individual freedom and autonomy, true influence and a flat hierarchy.
- Match technical skill with aesthetic judgment to drive development of Frostbite’s tools and technology.
- Build quality tech demos, benchmarking features and testing workflows early in development.
- Collaborate with Technical Directors / CG Supervisors on game teams to advise on tools and best practices for them to achieve their projects’ vision.
- Drive look development of assets to define how Frostbite can achieve high-quality visuals.
- Troubleshoot common technical issues, analyzing and optimizing content to achieve desired performance & quality on various platforms and devices.
As a Technical Artist on the Frostbite team you will closely follow development of features created by the team to feedback on the usability of content workflows and help steer improvements. You will build tech demos and create support material for features that are shipped with every Frostbite release to help educate the Frostbite community and regularly broadcast Frostbite’s capabilities.
You will be closely connected to content creators across all EA studios using Frostbite and have an opportunity to travel around the world for onsite support.
What skills does Frostbite look for?
- Extensive experience in a wide range content creation methods for games.
- 5+ years’ experience creating content for games or feature films.
- Strong understanding of rendering methods.
- Experience authoring shaders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous exposure to game content development – Modeling, Visual Effects, Lighting, Characters, Animation.
- Good knowledge of Maya, Houdini, Substance and/or other commercial 3D authoring packages.
Plus considered skills
Knowledge of scripting languages like Python / VEX / HLSL
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
At Frostbite we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees’ with occupational pension. Although we enjoy working hard at Frostbite, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods. We look forward to receiving your application!
Application & Portfolio
We will review applications continuously. Please send us your application along with your portfolio with recent projects you are most proud of, demonstrating your technical art skills applied in content creation methods for games or feature films and a cover letter in English , Stating '' why I want to work at Frostbite''.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Technical Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-02-21 12:30:48.717
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Stockholm, Stockholms lan SE