Gameplay Programmer (EA Originals Studio)
Location: Guildford, GB
Requisition Number: 154588
Position Title: Contingent
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
EA Originals has recently partnered with a Guildford based studio and they’re growing fast! Right now they’re busy building an unannounced game for PC and consoles about creating, exploring and the joy of discovery.
This is an opportunity to play a crucial role in their inclusive, efficient code team. Reporting to the Co-Founder and Technical Director, you’ll be working closely with them and the design team as you implement that elusive, ethereal “fun”. They need you to build critical gameplay features all the way from meeting the design and art needs, to what the player sees on their screen.
As a Gameplay Programmer you will…
- Enthusiastically jump into the existing codebase and take ownership over key features
- Work closely with both our art and design teams to make their needs a reality
In 6 months you will be…
- Pivotal to the success of the game, having designed and built key code features
- A central, supportive member of our small team
- Helping set technical and feature direction
The ideal candidate will…
- Enjoy working in a variety of gameplay disciplines, from controls, to scripting, to combat and AI.
- Have the ability to wrap your head round the ‘feel’: that thing that makes a product feel great and puts a smile on someone’s face.
- Come armed with a strong technical background, where your intuition to the ‘what’ is backed up by the ‘why’
- Show willingness to do all the things, in order to Get Them Done.
- Be at C++ Level: Brilliant, but not so Brilliant you use template metaprogramming, traits and std::range all the time.
Bonus for points for…
- An artistic eye married with an ability to express that in code
- Shipped a game as part of a team
- Interest in physics, networking and rendering
- Experience working on a cross-platform project
- Experience in performance and optimisation
- Not super-fussed about Object Oriented design
Community / Marketing Title: Gameplay Programmer (EA Originals Studio)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-02-08 12:16:27.79
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Guildford, GB