Data Scientist, Sports
Location: Orlando, Florida US
Requisition Number: 153327
Position Title: Data Scientist I
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, NCAA® Football, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, SSX, and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.
The Challenge Ahead:
As a Data Scientist you will play a key role in improving our Sports titles through the personalization of the player experience. You should be a sharp, curious, and analytic individual who has a passion for diving into data and developing algorithms to understand and improve how players are interacting with our games. Your output will directly influence game design to drive an ever more dynamic player journey in our titles.
What a Data Scientist does at EA:
- Translates business questions into ethical and mathematically sound experiments.
- Produces strategic insights to help stakeholders make business decisions.
- Presents analysis conclusions to stakeholders in a clear, understandable, and valuable way.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement in game design via machine learning and judicious use of player metadata.
- Queries data necessary to conduct analyses.
- Advises product teams on data capture needs.
- Documents analysis methodologies, conclusions, and resulting business actions taken.
- Considers analysis transparency and reproducibility as best practices.
- Communicates clearly (and as often as needed) with team members and stakeholders.
- Supports senior team members with data validation, identification, and retrieval.
- MS or PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or related field.
- 0-2 years of Experience in a consumer products-oriented industry; gaming, entertainment, or e-commerce is a plus. Will consider candidates with only internship experience.
- SQL skills, including experience querying large, complex data sets; experience with platforms like Redshift and Apache Hive is a plus.
- Experience with experimental design and the determination of the statistical significance of findings.
- Experience in data mining, machine learning, or statistical modeling.
- Experience with open-source or proprietary data visualization tools.
- Experience with statistical programming languages; R is a plus.
- Experience with a scripting language; Python is a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at various levels of business and technical expertise, including the ability to simplify difficult technical concepts.
- Extensive knowledge/interest with EA Sports’ franchises (e.g. Madden) is a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Data Scientist, Sports
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-10-30 03:42:59.707
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Orlando, Florida US