Director of Engineering - Cloud Gaming
Location: Seattle, Washington US
Requisition Number: 151837
Position Title: Director Engineering
EA Digital Platform (EADP) Cloud Gaming – Director, Engineering
We Are EA
And we make games - How cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
Save the planet from Alien Invaders. Score the winning touchdown.
Yup - It's the coolest job on the planet!
The Challenge Ahead:
We are building EA’s Cloud Gaming system to run at scale. It is not only about the delivery of games from the Cloud but also about bringing a comprehensive gaming experience to our users. Play the games, on any device, connected with your friends, with a unified experience. You’ll be leading the efforts to bridge cross-EA services, build the infrastructure tools, and deliver against EA’s unified user experience.
What a Director of Engineering does within EADP Cloud Gaming Division at EA:
As a Director of Engineering, you’ll be building the team from ground-up. You’ll lead the team into knowledge growth, design decisions, and drive execution. The team will work within the Cloud Gaming team, located in Casearea, Israel & Seattle, WA to build the Cloud Gaming platform – collaborating with EA Service teams, Studios and various business organizations to deliver EA’s Cloud Gaming service. The team will build a unified experience that can be delivered to any device and brings the best of EA’s ecosystem to our customers. The day-to-day will also consist of tasks allocation, prioritization, mentoring, and ensuring execution is on-time according to plan. You will drive an Agile development environment and work closely with various engineering and product teams.
- Manage a team of software developers, their day-to-day, and their execution
- Plan and work through execution of the features and infrastructure under your responsibility
- Drive the team’s personal development for growth
- Define iteration plan and deliverables on a regular cadence, synced with remote teams and stakeholders
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Ensure the right SW development processes are in place and address cross-team challenges
- BSc. in Computer Science / Software Engineering
- 3-5 years' experience in managing SW development team
- Project management skills - tasks allocation and tracking, raising flags, managing schedules, and dependencies
- Ability to build and grow a team of engineering talent
- Ability to technically guide SW developers in their area of expertise
- Strong software architecture and design skill and ability to document design decisions
- Experience working with cross-geography teams, peers, and stakeholders
- Working with Agile development methodologies
- Leading UI oriented development
- 7-10 years' experience as SW developer in the following technical areas
- C# & .NET, .NET Core
- Distributed systems & Client/Server architecture
- Experience with Cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Some experience with UI development stack (JScript, react, HTML/CSS)
- Unity - advantage
What's In It For YOU? Glad You Asked!
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with a company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching); Bonus and relocation assistance also offered.
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Engineering - Cloud Gaming
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-08-06 21:28:38.317
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Seattle, Washington US