Sr. QA Automation Engineer
Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN
Requisition Number: 151140
Position Title: Applications Engineer II
Senior QA Automation Engineer
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
If you like solving problems, get the job done as a team player and are self-starter this could be a great opportunity for you.
What would I be doing:
As a Senior QA Engineer, you should be an active contributor in various tasks of QA life cycle like test planning, test case design and execution, automation tool evaluation and planning, framework enhancements, performance execution and evaluation etc.You would be responsible for owning QA of certain applications and support QA lead in bringing in best practices of QA.
- Work with stakeholders to understand and document software requirements and ensure QA artifacts delivered are of high quality.
- Strong sense of ownership in QA and ability to track issues to closure.
- Design test plan, develop and execute test cases.
- Hands-on experience in customizing automation frameworks and building automation scripts.
- Provide QA level of effort estimates.
- Track and adhere to well-defined SLAs and QA KPIs.
- Hands on approach in defining and improving automation, performance, manual, functional and regression testing.
- Work with UAT team for providing build handoffs and smooth transition.
- Be an active participant in demos/feature walk throughs to stakeholders.
The next great EA Senior QA Engineer also needs:
- 8+ years of demonstrable experience in Quality assurance working on customer facing highly available, heavy load bearing mission critical desktop, mobile and warehousing applications
- Sound understanding QA stages, tools, and techniques.
- Minimum 5 years of mandatory hands-on experience in automation using Selenium
- Strong experience in QA tools such as cucumber, selenium, JMeter, TestRail etc.
- Good experience in load and performance testing of highly scalable web applications
- Strong experience working on Single Page Applications.
- Some experience with AWS and cloud, in general, is preferred.
- Some understanding of full stack including backend and databases.
- Good understanding of web technologies (HTTP, Apache, Nginx) and familiarity with Windows/Unix/Linux
- Experience working on teams and/or open source projects
- Exposure in testing ETL and warehousing systems
- Contribute towards thought leadership in QA
- Strong knowledge and experience with custom application development and agile SDLC
- Great organizational skills, and an attention to detail, consistency, and simplicity
- Logical team-player, with excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively on multiple projects under a tight schedule
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Continuous and fast learner willing to learn and help wherever the help is required to complete the job.
- Sense of humor
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like a Global fitness program, Sodexo (Food Coupons), Parental Insurance & Medical, Accident & life insurance and since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
Don’t Just Play It – Create It!
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. QA Automation Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-06-21 05:41:20.917
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh IN