BioWare: Sr. Systems and Monetization Designer
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 152302
Position Title: Sr Game Designer
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams drive innovation using cutting-edge tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and collaborate with thousands of world-class developers across EA’s network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
The Senior Systems and Monetization Designer is an experienced and proven leader that thrives on designing experiences that achieve the target outcome. You relentlessly refine the systems and features, optimizing an experience that will attract and retain millions of players. You generate models of complex systems that can be clearly understood and built, while also being intuitive and enjoyable for players.
BioWare is looking for a Senior Systems and Monetization Designer to design experiences that combine the best of a continuously updated live game and BioWare’s immersive RPG experiences.
- Collaborate with the project leadership to design a retention, acquisition, engagement, and monetization strategy that achieves the target KPIs and balances the creative, business and player-first execution
- Create the specs, define the requirements, and set the bar for excellence for the retention and monetization features and experiences
- Work across disciplines and teams to build the structure and processes that enable the creation and operation of successful live services
- Define best practices for the discipline, from how to design a game from the ground up to optimizing the day to day live service -- to retain, acquire, engage, and monetize
- Partner with analytics to define the metrics and reporting that will generate actionable insights to inform design decisions and drive KPIs, monitor daily, and provide recommendations
- Serve as a coach and mentor resource, assisting in the resolution of complex problems, growing skills and knowledge
- Set up successful collaborations across internal EA studios as well as with external partners
- 8+ years of experience as a game designer and at least 5 years in a senior role
- Thorough understanding of how to design and optimize the systems, features, and experiences that drive retention, acquisition, engagement, and monetization
- Proven ability to conceptualize, create and implement game concepts using various tools, technology and visual language
- Clearly understand creative processes; how to communicate product vision and how to align creative vision with an intended market
- Excellent creative, analytical and organizational skills with proven ability to write, communicate and maintain detailed design documentation throughout project life cycle
- Demonstrative proof of an open-mined, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic and driven with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges with working solutions.
- A deep understanding of market trends, business models and customer preferences across all genres, platforms, territories and demographics
The opportunity to work and learn from a world-class games studio making world-class games. We are a culture that thrives off creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
Shannon Schlothauer: email@example.com
Community / Marketing Title: BioWare: Sr. Systems and Monetization Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-08-28 18:17:57.593
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US