Software Developer in Test (Contract)
Requisition Number: 151397
Position Title: Contingent
Software Developer in Test – BioWare Online Services
Your Role at BioWare:
As a Software Developer in Test for BioWare Online Services (BOS), you will be responsible for building and executing automation and load performance scripts, testing of API’s in development, support for the backend technologies involved in our Live Services, as well as reviews of Technical Design Documents for BOS applications and services.
Role + Responsibilities
- Exploratory testing through Reviewing API logic and behavior
- Build and execute the automation coverage for BOS services
- Load testing
- Performance Testing
- Integration Testing / Support
- Write SQL Queries to verify data/test results
- Technical Design Documentation Reviews
- Security Reviews
- Work closely with BOS development team to build confidence in quality through automation
- Provide documentation and logs supporting the test effort
- Liaise and collaborate with client and external QA teams where necessary
- Provide live support; feedback, issue investigation and triage
- Identify, document and highlight risks, providing mitigation or contingency solutions where possible
- Verify consistency/spot changes in a branched development environment
- Verifies the resolution of issues through the end of the testing process
- Helps improve the overall BOS testing process
- Degree in Computer Science or similar
- 2+ year of software testing experience
- Experience with load testing
- Have a strong understanding of or experience with RESTful services and Service Orientated Architecture (SOA)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence with Jira, Confluence, Git, and Perforce
- Be self-motivated, adaptive, resourceful and have effective time management
- Ability to write detailed, accurate test plans
- Experience in online or web technologies
- Familiarity with Junit, MySQL, Redis, Node.js, Splunk/Kibana, Linux command line tools, and Docker
- AWS Cloud Technologies
- Cloud Watch Metrics
- Knowledge in continuous integration methods
- Familiarity with BioWare products or knowledge of Live Services as they relate to games.
More about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/austin
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Developer in Test (Contract)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-07-03 20:01:00.367
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US