Lead Experience Designer
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 154612
Position Title: Sr UX Designer
Electronic Arts (EA) is seeking an impact-driven Lead Experience Designer to join EA IT’s design organization. This role will partner closely with the product managers and developers to help shape the strategy and build successful products that will cater to players, artists, developers, and general employees in a rapidly growing company. This role will also partner closely with the Designer Manager and Design Director to help shape the future of the rapidly growing design organization.
You will be responsible for leading the design strategy and execution for products in the Player Experience and/or Game Creation product portfolios.
You will help mentor and guide a team of talented designers and shape a culture that enables creativity, cross-functional collaboration and design excellence across the organization. As a design expert, you will work with product managers and engineering to rapidly iterate and deliver impactful solutions. As a lead, you will influence product vision and strategy by facilitating workshops with cross-functional teams, spearhead the creation of design deliverables and assets, and socialize the amazing work of the team both internally and externally across EA.
** Application submissions without a design portfolio will NOT be considered **
** Please note that this is NOT a game design role **
About the team
We're a small, but mighty design team and the things that you will work on will make an impact on the future of EA. You'll be able to stretch yourself, and learn and lean on others as you hone in our your craft.
- Lead the strategy and execution of design for select EA’s player / game creation products
- Guiding a small team of 1-2 designers, and drive the work-plan as needed
- Be an evangelist for best practices (research, UX/UI, etc.), ensuring a high bar for quality and consistency
- Be an advocate for best-in-class, but still be pragmatic as needed based on priorities and timeline
- Partner closely with stakeholders and product managers to shape product roadmaps and requirements
- Champion the user experience for a variety of products - custom to customizing 3rd party solutions - through understanding trade-offs as needed based on technical or operational limitations and timelines
- Work closely with the design manager or director to mitigate potential risks in a timely and proactive manner
- Create high quality, attention-to-detail design deliverables - from workflows to UI deliverables
- Provide mentorship and design guidance to junior design team members
- Help with recruiting talented designers to the team as needed
- Significant hands-on experience designing and shipping products
- Experience in a design lead role
- Significant hands-on experience with UX/UI design, user research, and stakeholder management
- Expertise in the design thinking methodologies, well versed in rapid prototyping and iterative processes
- Expertise leading and/or influencing product strategy and user experience vision
- Expertise in the general facilitation and planning of design thinking or ideation workshops
- Deep knowledge or experience in conducting qualitative research
- Excellent communicator and presenter with the ability to persuade and inspire different audiences
- Impact-driven collaborator with product management, engineering, and various stakeholders
- Experience in customizing third party tools (e.g., salesforce) is a plus
- Fast mover, pragmatic, decisive, and deliverer of world-class user experience
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Experience Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-03-07 20:09:10.92
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US