Quality Designer (Apex Legends)
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 161239
Position Title: Quality Designer I
Respawn Los Angeles is looking for a Quality Designer 1 to join an established, experienced team of working on Apex Legends.
This is an opportunity to join a veteran team and help drive quality process and initiatives across a large franchise spanning multiple studios around the world. Working with the QA, Design, and Production groups, this position is the primary QA owner for features within the title, responsible for the end-to-end quality plan, including both packaged goods delivery and Live services.
This position is integral to ensure the team is focused on providing the strongest end to end coverage and experience for EA's players, and to help EA deliver on its commitment to putting Players First.
What the Quality Designer will do:
- Helped serve as a QA lead for both internal and external QA teams, assisting them in the resolution of problems and growing their skills and knowledge.
- Develop and build working relationships with members of the development, production and design teams by driving a higher quality player experience through tasks such as feature planning, analyzing internal data/player data, and feature/design reviews.
- End-to-end ownership of quality strategy.
- Understand past and similar iterations of products or services, perform research and analysis, use data and metrics, report on findings, and provide meaningful insights.
- Support Production groups by helping define the overall qualitative strategy for the title(s). The Quality Designer works directly with senior Production members to ensure that KPI’s are in-place to validate quality assumptions, and to track progress over time.
- Collaborate and Drive best practices across your team.
- Effectively report progress and status through regular email or face-to-face communication with appropriate managers and other stakeholders.
- Champion “Player First” at all times, and be advocates of excellence for those who use our products or services
Who you are:
- 2-3 years experienced as a game analyst/feature owner
- Part of a QA team that shipped multiple AAA titles from concept to final/live service
- Experience working in an upstream/embedded QA model
- Demonstrated ability to lead medium-to-large scale on-site teams.
- Experienced coordinating & prioritizing tasks with partners from off-site studios
- Intermediate ability to compile data points spanning multiple sources into a cohesive, consumable, and actionable summary to senior stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Experienced with agile/scrum software development
- Experience partnering with design team from concept to final/live service as a champion of game quality
- Intermediate analytical skills and experience with data driven product design and decision making
- Intermediate understanding of game development process and milestones of EA's GDF (Game Development Framework)
- Experience working in a live service development model (i.e. sprints, continual releases, content deployments, etc.)
- Intermediate knowledge with development planning toolsets (Jira, Hansoft) and code/asset integration software (Perforce).
- Proficient with the auditing of defects, results, etc. Heavy emphasis on data-driven decision-making
- Demonstrated ability to drive QA evolution by proposing workflow improvements learned through QA communities; either internal or external.
Other desirable expertise:
- Meta/Game Balance
- Modes/Live Events
- Content creation workflows (Characters, Worlds, UI)
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Designer (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-06-05 21:18:10.767
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.