Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 117817
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
What a Site Reliability System Engineer does at EA:
Modern video games rely on many different services behind the scenes. From matchmaking, marketplace, social features, anti-cheat detection, leaderboards, and server-side physics calculations. This ever-changing and ever-growing ecosystem exposes new operational challenges with every new game launch.
The Site Reliability System Engineer works as part of a team responsible for the design of the system architecture, server infrastructure management and advanced technical support. She/he also provides technical expertise required to effectively deliver high-quality, timely IT solutions and services that meet EA’s business needs.
The role is a part of a high performing team in a fast-paced organization, requiring partner and business focus. As well as demonstrated skills tied to leadership, people, communication, analytics and adaptability.
- Provides effective solutions to the most complex operations engineering problems
- Influences design and technology choices
- Operate with complex reporting relationships to reconcile competing priorities and achieve business unit objectives
- Communicates well via documentation and verbally with both peers and partners
- Collaborates with peers across functions to help deliver highly reliable, scalable, and operable solutions
- Partners with development teams, DBAs and QA in a DevOps model of agile development process
- Implements built, bought, or partner technology solutions
- Rapidly adapt to new and changing situations to quickly solve problems and find new directions
- Operates continuous improvement through a change management methodology
- Periodic rotational 24 hours on call support
The next greatSite Reliability System Engineer also needs:
- Experience operating highly available solutions at scale with security and performance
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools (Preferred: Chef and/or Puppet)
- Experience with public cloud services and deployment (Preferred: AWS, GCP, or Azure experience)
- Experience in programming/scripting languages (Preferred: Go, Python, and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and experience with source code management tools
- Ability to troubleshoot complex issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces
- Hands-on experience in maintaining infrastructure for microservices
- Experience with Continuous Integration, continuous delivery/deployment tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, or similar
- Strong knowledge of Linux
- Experience integrating Open Source tools and software
- Experience with TCP/IP, routing, VLANS, AWS Direct Connect, DNS, VPN and other networking concepts
- Conceptual knowledge of Kubernetes, VMWare, Vagrant, Docker, or Rocket
- Experience with monitoring services using tools like Grafana, Datadog, NewRelic, Zabbix, Nagios or similar.
- Ability to identify and resolve performance bottlenecks in highly complex systems and drive performance optimizations
- Working knowledge of enterprise storage technologies and protocols such as NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, Software Defined Storage, Object Storage
- OBSESSIVE desire to automate and improve everything including process improvements, standardizing tools and technologies!
Required Soft Skills:
- Peer and partner relationship focused
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to learn new skills/technologies quickly and independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a global organization
- Independent problem-solving skills
…and, in general, the potential to sweep us off our feet!
What’s in it for you?
At EA we take care of our staff and have done so during our steady growth over the last decade. In addition to a competitive compensation package we offer our employees 10 EA games per year, massage every three weeks, a variety of sports activities (yoga, badminton and cross fit to name a few) and health care allowance. We have a collective bargain agreement with Unionen and Sveriges Ingenjörer and also provide our employees’ with occupational pension.
Although we enjoy working hard at EA, we respect and value our employees’ personal lives. A good work-life balance is something we practice and maintain even during high-intensity periods.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-04-12 08:00:00.0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.