Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Requisition Number: 160603
Position Title: Contingent
[Site Reliability Engineer - EAX]
At our core, Electronic Arts is a game maker that connects hundreds of millions of players from around the globe to some of the world’s greatest games. The EAX team is driving the strategy and implementation of important initiatives for EA’s community of players to connect them to one another and to the games they love to play. These initiatives include: EA Access, our cross-platform subscription currently on Origin, PS4, Xbox One and soon on Steam: Origin, EA’s gaming service on PC; and a host of other consumer experiences and strategies to connect friends across platforms and within our games.
In your role as Site Reliability Engineer, you will be a part of a scrum team that is responsible for building the automation platform and tooling necessary to run at the scale and reliability levels that EAX requires. As a part of the broader Site Reliability Engineering family you will be a key contributor to the EAX team based out of EA Vancouver.
Joining EAX means joining the team shaping EA’s subscription services now spanning three major platforms; building consumer experiences that power EA’s games and enabling more personalized, socially connected, and frictionless experiences; and expanding our platforms across web, PC, mobile, the cloud and beyond so our players can get into the games they want to play and stay connected while playing. We like to say that “we see farther”, and are committed to driving innovation to meet player needs today and in the future.
You’re someone with a proven track record for:
- Planning and delivering infrastructure to meet a product teams requirements
- Reducing manual workload with automation
- Participated in on-call activities to restore services rapidly
- Performing quality Root Cause Analyses and ensuring improvements are implemented
- Making decisions based on data
- Documenting your learnings and best practices
- Implementing effective monitoring that identifies service disruptions
- Finding your way. You’ve got experience that helps you work and thrive in a cross-functional organization
- Most notably you’ll have a rare mix of development and operational skills that provide a deep understanding of what it takes to design and run services at scale - and deliver the capabilities with high quality infrastructure as code
You also bring the following skills or experiences to our team:
- 3+ years of experience in a highly technical role focused on development and/or operation of complex live services
- Highly familiar with service reliability in a cloud environment including:
- Infrastructure architecture
- Scaling and load testing
- High availability and disaster recovery
- Monitoring and alerting
- Kubernetes and Docker
- CI / CD and software delivery pipelines
- Comfortable contributing high quality, well tested code to complex code bases in a variety of languages including:
- Shell scripting
- Bonus points for experience with the following:
- REST API development
- Distributed Tracing tools
In a typical week, the Site Reliability Engineer could be…
- Implementing Infrastructure as Code based solutions to satisfy Product requirements
- Contributing to common SRE tooling
- Identifying and advocating for architecture and service changes to improve reliability and performance, using a data driven approach
- Mentoring application developers on a team to become more cross functional in the SRE space - so they can improve the reliability and performance of their application and infrastructure
- Experimenting with new tools and technologies to solve current challenges
You’ll build relationships and work with…
- SRE Product Owners to help build out the Automation Platform
- SRE Scrum Masters, to help you work as effectively as you can
- The SRE tech lead, to help you align and build high quality solutions
- Other members of the SRE family to build reusable tools and patterns to scale our problem solving
Community / Marketing Title: Site Reliability Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2020-04-03 17:45:29.73
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.