Software Engineer - Gameplay (Mobile)
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 158796
Position Title: Software Engineer III
The NBA Live Mobile team is looking for a Gameplay SE, with a skill set that includes animation, physics, and/or AI feature development. The candidate must be highly motivated, collaborative and able to display excellence in the C++ coding language.
The role will involve working with proprietary animation, AI, and physics technology to help drive animation and gameplay features. The successful candidate will need excellent teamwork skills, as well as the ability to develop elegant solutions to complicated animation, AI and physics challenges. The engineer will be regularly interacting with other gameplay engineers, artists, animators, and designers as well as coordinating with engineers outside of the gameplay team on other areas of the game like audio or front end.
- Creates systems and features in the areas of animation, AI, physics, and other gameplay-related disciplines.
- Leverages industry experience to create unique and captivating gameplay experiences.
- Writes, maintains and reviews technical designs based on the requirements of designers and leads.
- Works with designers, animators, artists and other engineers on the implementation of new AAA-quality gameplay features.
- Debugs and improve gameplay infrastructure, tools, and processes.
- Maintains high code quality standards throughout the development cycle.
- Contributes to industry-leading innovation in both the animation and AI domains.
What skills does EA look for?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience. A Master’s degree in Computer Science. Computer Engineering or equivalent experience is a plus.
- Proficiency with C++
- Experience in at least one area of gameplay to include Animation, AI, or Physics.
- Experience in an Agile / Scrum development environment.
- Must have a strong background in Runtime Optimization and Memory Management
- Experience in object-oriented design and implementation.
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and C#.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer - Gameplay (Mobile)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-12-02 20:13:18.473
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.