Location: Sacramento, California, United States
Requisition Number: 157355
Position Title: Technical Artist 2
“Who is EA Capital Games?”
We’re a mobile game studio located in Midtown Sacramento, home to the highly successful title Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, the most successful Star Wars mobile game ever released, charting as the #1 grossing game in over 35 countries, and one of the Top 40 grossing games in the entire world across Apple and Google.
Collectively, we are a close-knit group of passionate gamers, obsessed with the creation of genre-defining mobile RPGs, and the vibrant live services necessary to support them. Our team culture is friendly, fast-paced, results-focused, and collaborative. We take our work – but not ourselves – very seriously.
While walking the halls of our brand-new 31,000 sqft studio, you’ll hear the cacophony of epic console competitions, lively debates, and the rattle of dice thrown across a game board. Game nights, happy hours, weekend adventures, and a dog-friendly atmosphere are all elements of who we are.
Capital Games is looking for a Technical Animator / Technical Artist to support our mobile development studio. Primarily focused on our Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes project, this individual should have strong cross-disciplinary communication skills and will be responsible for developing and maintaining animation systems, rigging, pipelines and processes used by the animation team and be able to provide support for our art team with tools and workflow optimizations both on the asset creation side and in-engine. We are looking for that magical combination of artistry and technical know-how that a Technical Animator / Technical Artist brings to the table.
- Design, create, test, and maintain character rigs/setups in Maya and Unity
- Collaborate with animators to design motion controls
- Write tools to support the quality of our live products
- Help manage and maintain our live operations asset pipeline
- Explore new techniques and processes to solve technical art challenges
- Write and maintain pipeline tools and documentation to streamline processes
Requirements & Skills:
- 3+ years of production experience, with mobile development experience a big plus
- Deep knowledge of Maya and understanding of 3D Studio Max
- Experience with Unity, Mecanim, and in-game cinematics systems (like Cinema Director)
- High level of comfort and familiarity with version control and asset management solutions (Perforce, git, etc)
- Mobile optimized character/vehicle rigging experience in Maya
- Programming experience with scripting languages such as Python and C#
- Experience setting up production pipelines, while being able to follow guidelines
- Understanding of art pipelines enough to support the team with tools and processes
It is required that you submit a portfolio/presentation of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online presentation, or attaching documents to your resume. All presentations must contain a detailed breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for.
Please apply with as many examples of the following as you can:
- Rig Examples. Provide examples of your rigging work, specifically with characters, and provide a video sample of the rig functionality.
- Tools and pipeline work. Provide examples of script functionality and/or code samples.
- For example: exhibit how you took a problem, went about solving it, and show the result as a part of video capture or a series of screenshots. Include relevant code samples.
- Examples of other technical art related projects including character shader work or engine-side pipeline tools.
- Any art (traditional or digital media) that you have personally created.
“Tell me about Sacramento.”
Sacramento hosts an approachable metropolitan lifestyle, where a home can be established for anyone from the singleton who wants to live downtown, to the family whose top priorities are a yard and great schools, all within a reasonable commute to our studio. The city fosters a vibrant urban culture through weekend street festivals, professional sports teams, bustling farmer’s markets, wonderful eateries, and award-winning craft breweries and coffee roasters. If connecting with nature is more your vibe, the Sierras are in our backyard in addition to many local hiking and biking trails.
“What’s in it for me?”
Glad you asked! We love to brag about our great perks like free food, hosted happy hours, annual camping adventures, comprehensive health, and benefits packages, tuition reimbursement, company matched retirement, and many others! And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-08-29 17:10:01.85
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.