QA Analyst (contract)
Location: Austin, Texas US
Requisition Number: 150071
Position Title: Contingent
CONTRACT QUALITY ANALYST
Quality Analysts are individual contributors specialized in key domains of the QA process: game content, compliance and automation & tools. Depending on the domain of specialty analysts will work embedded within the Development organization or on a central/shared group.
- Identifies, isolates, regresses and communicates bugs effectively and efficiently.
- Primary focus is on high complexity, hard to isolate and potentially high impact bugs.
- Creates, maintains and executes a test plans for their areas of ownership that test a product and/or service from end-to-end.
- Develops in-depth understanding of the systems under their ownership and communicate progress, status and risks.
- Provides qualitative and quantitative analysis aimed at refining game features.
- Assists in bug triage with development teams to set priorities.
- Works and communicates effectively with remote teams.
- Verifies the resolution of issues through to the end of the testing process.
- 1+ year software testing experience, preferably in the games industry
- Experience with the MS Office family of products, DevSuite, HanSoft, and Jira
- Knowledge of software testing processes and best practices
- Experience with embedded QA methodologies and bug prevention strategies is a plus
- Capability to be flexible and team-oriented with the aptitude to balance multiple tasks
- Able to understand priorities and organize time around them. Able to recognize when support is needed to prioritize or offload work
- Able to seek out and take on new tasks, identify, analyze and seek out resolutions on their own
- Builds strong working relationships with development teams
- Able to communicate issues clearly and concisely
- Engages in productive discussions and able to make compelling and supported arguments
- Desire to work in a diverse and inclusive work environment
Community / Marketing Title: QA Analyst (contract)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-05-01 00:35:18.007
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Austin, Texas US