Senior Software Engineer (C++) - Frostbite
Location: Guildford, England, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 157750
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer II
We are EA
At EA, we have one simple vision: become the world’s greatest games company. We are a community of artists, storytellers and technologists working in one of the most dynamic industries today. We’re building a company that thinks about player experience at every step. We are transforming for a digital future and work as one team. We take risks and we dream big. And together, we are changing the way millions play every day.
The Challenge Ahead
Frostbite in Guildford is a growing team that plays an essential role in the engine that EA has developed to empower game makers in the company. We focus on building an outstanding cross-platform physics engine and features that directly inspire creativity in EA’s franchises such as FIFA, Dragon Age and Battlefield. This is developed using an internal Open Source model that invites our best engineers to contribute.
We are looking for passionate, motivated and talented Senior Engineers to join our high calibre team in Frostbite UK. You'll work as part of a small team, directly engaged with game teams around the globe to provide outstanding innovation and performance on PS4, Xbox One, PC, iPhone, iPad, Android and new platforms as they emerge. We will help you to grow and provide an opportunity to travel to other EA locations and work directly with studios around the globe.
Frostbite provides a stimulating and energetic work environment where you can tackle exciting and rewarding projects that make impact on the games enjoyed by millions.
What a Frostbite Software Engineer does at EA:
- Collaboratively working to achieve high-quality cross-platform products in C++.
- Play your part to establish and grow the engineering culture of teams within Frostbite.
- Work with product and project leaders and your team members to understand customer needs and delivering incredible value in an incremental way.
- Ensure our designs are simple with excellent workflows and features.
- Work on documentation and testing in parallel to accelerate ease of use and future maintenance of our technology.
- To mentor less experienced engineers.
The next great Software Engineer needs:
- Excellent commercial experience with C++.
- Experience working with team members on a common code base.
- Advanced background in real-time / time-critical systems and multiple hardware platforms – preferably game platform hardware.
- Passion for good workflows and well-architected software.
Bonus points for:
- Expertise in many different technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
- Low-level application programming – evidence of UNIX, Windows or Console OS APIs.
- WPF and other GUI design experience
- Graphics or Video experience e.g. Image Processing, codecs, OpenGL, Direct3D, DirectX etc.
- Expertise of game physics and animation.
- Understand mechanics, maths and numerical methods.
- Evidence of delivering tools and workflows at an enterprise level e.g. using C# and WPF (or similar) to develop complex applications, and to empower content creators.
- Experience of Agile (Scrum) based software development management and other models
About the Frostbite UK Team
Frostbite UK is based in EA’s UK office in the centre of Guildford. It is a dynamic and creative place to work with on-site facilities including a restaurant, gym, fitness classes and numerous clubs. We have access to great benefits, including EA games, pension, health and dental care, discounts and offers, ride-to-work schemes and more. Our campus is easily accessed from the mainline train station, town centre and other local amenities. We promote a collaborative working environment and put a great value on our employees’ work-life balance.
Our creative work ethos rewards new and different ideas. It is an environment that attracts brilliant talent from around the globe. No matter which of our studio locations you join, you'll feel the support of EA's global brand, while thriving on our outstanding campuses. At EA, the excitement you feel throughout each workday is made possible by a culture that inspires you to do the best work of your career.
More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/guildford
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Software Engineer (C++) - Frostbite
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-09-30 16:44:14.7
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.