Location: Orlando, FL, USA
Requisition Number: 181656
Position Title: DM
Please note: this role requires on-site/hybrid work from the EA studio located in Orlando, FL. Remote work is not an option for this role.
Electronic Arts is the leading interactive entertainment company, powered by innovative technology. We create incredible experiences for millions of players around the world. EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences.
The Central Database Team helps EA Sports push the technical boundaries and experiences for our players on Madden NFL and College Football. We are a newly formed entity consisting of a handful of Software Engineers who use their wide range of experiences and technical expertise to support the American Football teams we contribute to.
We are looking for a Development Manager (DM) to support our dynamic technical team and assist in our team’s pursuit of operational excellence.
At EA, Development Managers coordinate a variety of disciplines including designers, software engineers, artists, QA and other production staff. Delivery Managers are the keepers of the project schedule and facilitate the development team’s movement from one project phase to the next while ensuring effective collaboration and communication.
You will report to the Development Director for Tiburon Systems and Central Database Teams and partner with Development Directors and Technical Directors to ensure that the work of the Central Database Team is managed on time, to quality, and within budget.
Team Building and Management
- You will assist in the development of our Central Database team members by identifying resourcing needs and providing challenges and opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential, in partnership with Technical Leads and Technical Directors.
- You will foster working relationships within and beyond the Database teams, in close partnership with Technical Leads and Technical Directors, to help bring projects to successful completion.
- You will participate in the hiring process for new candidates.
- You will work closely with the Development Director to implement team initiatives to improve the functionality and efficiency of the Central Database group.
- Focus on the immediate team and identify team issues as well as suggest solutions related to execution goals. Identify task-related processes to improve efficiency through the use of data.
Project Management Expectations
- You will communicate and work directly with Software Engineers to understand requirements, task out work, and convey team goals strategically to senior management.
- You will institute and assign task goals from defined project goals; you will achieve project deliverables by managing the team at a project level (e.g., Franchise-wide).
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide management escalation, project prioritization, make tradeoffs, balance the needs versus technical constraints, and promote initial partner deployments.
- You will orchestrate sprint planning and retrospectives, promoting best practices for task tracking.
- 3+ years of project management or team leadership experience.
- Bachelor's degree in any number of related fields including Computer Science, Game Development, Business, 3D Art, Project Management.
- Knowledge of different project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile in a software development setting.
- Familiarity working with task tracking software such as Jira, ClickUp, Asana, Airtable, etc…
Community / Marketing Title: Development Manager
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 76
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts