Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 181312
Position Title: Sr DevOps Engineer I
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment – connecting hundreds of millions around the world to the sports they love through a portfolio of industry-leading video games.
EA's Character Animation Research Team (known as the A-Team) is a small team based in Vancouver, British Columbia.
We're committed to advancing the field of Character Animation. Our vision of the future is one where video-games characters not only look believable, but move convincingly, our technology is shared across multiple games in EA including FC, Madden, NHL, Skate, Battlefront, Dragon Age and more. We're looking for a passionate Technical Animator to join our team to push the boundaries of how characters look and move in games. Join as we inspire the world to play.
The DevOps team is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our team. We're looking for candidates with experience designing, deploying, and operating solutions in a public cloud environment that interacts with corporate backend infrastructure and services. A DevOps Engineer can design a solution from the ground up, troubleshoot problems at both the network and Linux operating system level, and be able to collaborate across multiple teams of differing capabilities, and a passion for technology.
You will partner and report to Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate and complete projects and deliver excellent results. You have demonstrated the ability to work with large-scale systems and prioritize. We ask that you have a focus on uptime and predictability. You are passionate about building automation to reduce manual tasks. You will also involve some on-call support duties.
- Adapt prototypes from a research and development team to deploy them as public cloud hosted services in an automated and operationally maintainable way.
- Troubleshoot deployment issues, connectivity challenges, performance problems, and availability outages.
- Establish a deployment and support model that adheres to the DevOps security standards.
- Design productivity enhancing tools to automate common system administration tasks.
- Maintain documentation of systems configurations and procedures, including runbooks for live support.
- Support an always-on gaming server infrastructure.
- Provide on-call support when needed for feature launches, live events, and emergency escalations.
- Troubleshoot and correct issues raised from production and live services operations.
- Evaluate and adopt technologies that improve the team efficiency and platform capabilities.
- Work with a global team to implement technologies and provide support within a follow the sun model.
- Mentor junior engineers, new hires, and interns.
- Partner with Development and QA teams for implementation of new game features, other operations teams, IT, and external hosting providers to maintain secure and scalable infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited education institution in computer engineering, computer science, information systems or equivalent.
- 4+ years of relevant experience with public cloud services (especially Azure, AWS, and GCP), including design, implementation, and operational support of critical systems.
- Practical experience with different DevOps tools and methodologies:
- Infrastructure as Code solutions such as Terraform.
- Container workload technologies such as Kubernetes, Helm, and Docker.
- Configuration management systems such as Chef and Ansible.
- Monitoring/observability systems such as Prometheus and Grafana.
- Pipeline automation systems such as Jenkins, GitLab, and GitHub.
- Experience developing automated solutions with at least one of the following languages: Python, Ruby, Go.
- Working knowledge of the Git distributed version control system.
- Demonstrated expertise in operating system and network security fundamentals for publicly accessible services hosted on Linux servers.
- Experience implementing network resources in public cloud context, including DNS, subnetting, route tables, NAT, and firewalls.
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location. EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria): º $114,050 - $185,250 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 78
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts