Generalist Software Engineer - Advanced Technology Group
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 181188
Position Title: Software Engineer III
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment – connecting hundreds of millions around the world to the sports they love through a portfolio of industry-leading video games.
Our Advanced Technology Group is part of the EA SPORTS Technology organization, focusing on identifying and creating new, scalable technologies for game teams. We are looking for close collaboration with game teams, central art teams, and the Frostbite engine team; though the technologies developed can apply to many different engines, environments, and hardware platforms. You will work on our strategic, multi-year projects focused on improved creation pipelines and runtime functionality, both users facing and internal, for all EA SPORTS titles.
As a Generalist Software Engineer, you will be a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms—working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases, and tools. You will report to the team's manager and work with your peers on developing the game's foundation layer.
- You will work on technical solutions covering main aspects of game-development, covering main areas of game development technologies, game features and optimizations of frame-rate and load-times
- You will work with other domain owners to integrate and develop technologies into the game
- You will analyze impact to above mentioned metrics throughout the development cycle
- You will provide feedback, guidance and solutions for improvement and optimizations
- 6+ years of experience in C++ software development
- Proficiency in integrating and maintaining large-scale systems covering multiple domains
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and run-time optimization
- Knowledge of assembler, scripting languages (Phyton, Lua) and C#
- Experience with 3rd party APIs
- Skills debugging complex applications
- Knowledge of job-based architectures might come in handy
- Strong understanding of geometry, linear algebra, calculus, and physics as they pertain to transformations and motions in 3D Space
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience
- Experience with any of these beneficial, but not required: XBOX and PlayStation platforms; Mobile, PC, or Cloud-based games, graphics libraries such as DirectX, OpenGL, or Metal, static and performance
BC COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES • British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria): º $93,700 - $153,900 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Community / Marketing Title: Generalist Software Engineer - Advanced Technology Group
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 114
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。