Java Engineer - Mobile Central Technology
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 181126
Position Title: Software Engineer II
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last-minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that!
Mobile Central Technology Server Software Engineer
The MCT team is looking for a talented server software engineer to build and maintain server applications and infrastructure for several projects that support our portfolio of world class mobile games. In this role, you will partner with the other Software Engineers, Development Directors and Technical Leads in the EA Mobile Central Tech team to gather requirements, design and build software solutions to support these projects.
- Mix of hands-on coding and release management for large Java projects, using SQL databases.
- Create and work on large-scale distributed HTTP-based backend services creating new services and updating existing ones.
- Resolve defects during QA testing, production deployment and operations cycles (live games & platforms environments).
- Work with multiple internal clients and platforms that use the services you create for centralized games components.
- Work within a distributed team, delivering services to customers on several time-zones
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- 4+ years of experience developing software in Java (Spring Boot Framework).
- 2+ years of experience working on online services/servers (HTTP via REST/gRPC ).
- Experience with cloud deployed applications (AWS/GCP)
- Strong working knowledge of SQL (MYSQL/PostgreSQL preferred).
- Working knowledge with cloud tools and infrastructure (Docker, k8s)
- Solid communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Software design/architecture process.
- Knowledge of Apache Flink and Snowflake is a plus
- Working knowledge with AWS DynamoDb is a plus
- Experience with unit testing (JUnit)
- Experience developing and maintaining large-scale distributed applications.
- Experience with source control systems (Git/Perforce)
- Experience with IntelliJ, VSC and/or Eclipse
Community / Marketing Title: Java Engineer - Mobile Central Technology
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 39
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts