Chef.e d'équipe d'artistes d'environnement / Lead Environment Artist - IRON MAN
Posizione: Montreal, QC, Canada
Requisition Number: 179968
Position Title: Associate Environment Director
(Pour visualiser la description de poste en français, veuillez sélectionner le français dans le menu déroulant au haut de la page sous "Select Language".)
Our motive is to create innovative action games within iconic worlds where every player feels like the hero. Let’s say that again—iconic worlds, where every player feels like the hero.
Our passion has taken us from imagining dogfighter pilots in Star Wars™: Squadrons, to re-creating Isaac Clarke onboard the Ishimura in Dead Space™, and now to building an original Iron Man action-adventure video game.
We believe in sharing our passion with our community, and with each other by having transparent discussions, by practicing an inclusive culture, and by nurturing a continuous growth mindset. Our approach feels simple, but it leads to the best work of our careers, and as a team, building unique and immersive experiences.
Motive is looking for a Lead Environment Artist to join its Iron Man team using Unreal Engine 5. You will report to the Associate Art Director and collaborate with Level Game Designers and Technical Artists to understand and interpret level design requirements, bringing to life our next AAA title.
- Support the Art Director in the overall vision for the game
- Regular check-in and career progression follow up with the level art team members
- Encourage the artistic development of staff through training and mentorship
- Follow up, task progression and communication with the team
- Define, scope and review requirements for delivery to central art teams
- Refine and review environments delivered from external sources and bring them up to quality standards
- Work with level artist, technical artists and engineers in developing and streamlining tools and processes.
- Demonstrates high levels of proficiency in all toolchains, able to advise your team as to best practice.
- Identifies efficiency improvements in workflows and articulate the scope to stakeholders
- The Lead Environment Artist also works with external/remote teams including usability partners and is expected to communicate and maintain the vision on a consistent basis.
You are an experienced environment artist whose portfolio should demonstrate:
- Thorough knowledge of the game development process.
- Proficient knowledge of Maya, MAX and/or other 2D/3D software package
- A keen eye for spatial composition, lighting, textures and building believable scenes.
- An understanding of effective asset creation and optimization.
- Experience creating believable, life-like environments
- Experience applying and tweaking shaders.
- Thorough understanding of architecture and nature
- Solid understand the aesthetics of environment, function vs. form relationships, as well as what makes a game level fun and intriguing
- Passion for pushing the state of the art in asset fidelity and production techniques.
- All of our team members will have to be able to shift quickly and flexibly and assume new roles and responsibilities as we grow and change. We’re looking for well-rounded innovators who thrive in the dynamic environment that new game creation demands.
Community / Marketing Title: Chef.e d'équipe d'artistes d'environnement / Lead Environment Artist - IRON MAN
Electronic Arts Inc. è un'azienda di software di intrattenimento interattivo leader globale. EA offre giochi, contenuti e servizi online per console collegate ad internet, personal computer, cellulari e tablet.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 93
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA promuove le pari opportunità. Qualsiasi decisione di impiego viene fatta senza discriminazione di razza, colore, nazionalità, origini, sesso, genere, identità o espressione di genere, orientamento sessuale, età, informazione genetica, religione, invalidità, condizione medica, gravidanza, stato civile, stato familiare o anzianità. EA rende accessibile il posto di lavoro per gli individui diversamente abili, come indicato dalla legge.