Senior Game Writer (Star Wars FPS)
Multiple Locations: Los Angeles, CA, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 179733
Position Title: Sr Game Designer
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order, Star Wars™ Jedi: Survivor, and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
In collaboration with Lucasfilm, the Star Wars FPS Team is developing a new AAA FPS in the Star Wars galaxy. Inspired by classic titles like Dark Forces and Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2, our story-driven single player game is being developed from the ground up leveraging the power of Unreal Engine 5. We’re combining this inspiration and technology with Respawn’s pedigree for making best-in-class shooters to deliver a brand-new experience our players will love.
We’re looking for a Senior Game Writer to join our narrative team, to help us create an incredible Star Wars™ experience in a fun, first-person action setting. Do you have a passion for storytelling through interactive narratives? You're in the right place! Under the direction of the Game Director, and working with accomplished writers and designers, you will write dialogue, scenes, story treatments, and a rich variety of supporting text for the game.
What you’ll do...
- Work with the writing and design teams to develop compelling and immersive narrative gameplay that fits seamlessly within the Star Wars™ universe.
- Write concise and evocative dialogue in multiple voices.
- Write character and world guides, casting documents, and other supporting narrative content.
- Join forces with other departments and assist their narrative goals.
- Maintain documentation and help with recording sessions and management of scripts.
- Assist with marketing or other written company communications related to the project.
- Foster a collaborative spirit with your peers, uphold professional standards, and always lead by example.
Ideally, you will have...
- 6-7+ years of experience of disciplined writing in a professional capacity.
- Experience as a Senior Writer on shipped games. AAA experience is ideal.
- Strong understanding of the story development process.
- A passion for storytelling in first-person games, and especially in the Star Wars™ universe.
- Experience with development tools such as game engines, interactive fiction editors, and non-linear video editing.
- Strong understanding of how to work with other disciplines in a highly collaborative studio environment.
- Ability to process and react to feedback from multiple sources. The ability to self-critique and accept outside feedback.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. Being a great partner and collaborator is an absolute must.
- College degree in screenwriting, creative writing, filmmaking, narrative design, or similar discipline.
Please submit relevant game writing samples or a portfolio of prior works with your application to be considered for review.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $113,300 - $171,700
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $111,500 - $171,700
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $126,700 - $171,700
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $111,500 - $144,000
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $111,500 - $157,300
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Game Writer (Star Wars FPS)
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 49
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts