Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 179558
Position Title: Artist 2
Artist II Location - Hyderabad
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content, and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets. Glu Mobile India studio and now part of the Electronic Arts family. The combination of our experienced teams at Glu and EA position us as a leader in the largest gaming category in the world. We are forming a powerful growth engine that will expand our current games and deliver more amazing new experiences across sports, lifestyle, mid-core, and casual for players everywhere. Come join us!
Role Overview Do you have an eye for design and a love for interiors, home decor, and landscaping? We are seeking a Senior 3D artist to help produce high quality work for the look, feel, and tone of our game Design Home. In our game, players put their interior design and landscaping skills to the test and share their creations with other players from around the world. We are looking for a eye for crafting interior and exterior spaces. You will be modeling, lighting, texturing, and rendering both interior and exterior environments using industry standard 3D tools. You will design in a wide array of styles ranging from contemporary to eclectic. This is an exciting opportunity for candidates looking to combine their 3d artistry and technical skills with love for interior and exterior design.
You'll most often:
- Model, texture, and light interior and exterior spaces.
- Create photorealistic pre-rendered backgrounds in VRAY.
- Use the Unity game engine for furniture layout, landscape layout, decor, and lighting.
- Conceptualize and design finishes and furniture for high-style, luxury residential spaces.
- Participate in R&D of new techniques and tools.
You'll be a great fit for this role if you have:
- 7+ years of experience in Architectural Interior and exterior rendering
- An eye for design, a clear sense of style and polish, refined taste, and discerning eye for luxury.
- Strong knowledge of design trends, furniture, fixture & equipment (FF&E), architectural/interior finishes, lighting, art signage, color, and materials.
- Previous experience in game art production, ideally for mobile devices.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited Interior Design, Architecture, or Game Art Program.
- Proficiency with 3D modeling and art software, such as: Maya, 3DS Max, PhotoShop, and VRAY.
- Knowledge of the design fundamentals and space planning of residential interior architecture.
- Familiarity with Unity and implementing 3D assets into game engines.
- Knowledge of wall, flooring, and ceiling finishes and color coordination.
- The ability to collaborate within a fun and energetic team.
Graphic Designers focus on the game player's experience and interaction with the game. Their goal is to make the player's experience as intuitive as possible, in particular by making sure a game player can easily navigate menus, icons, and displays. The Graphic Designer will help conceptualize and create individual assets for the interface. Animation may also be required
How would your day look like
- Report to the Associate Art Director
- Work with creative director and producer; participate in the creative process of in-game assets
- Conceptualizes thematic-based items that players can earn and equip in-game
- Create game menu mock-ups consistent with the game's art direction
- Create designs, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts. Review final layouts and suggest improvements.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy and select style and size of type.
- Improve file size and configurations. Manipulate UI content and assets
- Work with the product owners to discuss and determine layout design.
- Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with supervisors, and making necessary changes.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Artist
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 57
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts