Technical Director - Tools (Apex Legends)
複数の場所: Los Angeles, CA, USA • Madison, WI, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada • Redwood City, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 179263
Position Title: Technical Director II
Founded in 2010, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when accomplished people have creative freedom, they’ll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected.
Respawn Entertainment is the Academy Award-winning studio behind critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order, Star Wars™ Jedi: Survivor, and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. As a collective of creative developers, we have launched some of the industry’s most critically and commercially successful games. We love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talents in the industry.
Reporting to a Head of Engineering you will:
- Distill Apex and Respawn goals into tools, pipelines, and workflows team goals and achieve them.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to tools engineers.
- Balance technical and project long-term goals and vision.
- Partner with other disciplines on requirements, priorities and planning.
- Guide a partner-centric engineering culture of empowering content creators.
- Collaborate with engineering managers on performance management, retention & hiring.
- Collaborate with other technical directors on Apex’s short and long-term technical direction.
- Collaborate with technical art director to partner on efforts in the tools and technical art spaces.
- Provide technical direction for Apex tools engineering.
- Promote good engineering practices and ensure compliance with standards.
- Ensure code quality, performance, usability, and stability of tools, workflows, and pipelines.
- Approve technical design documents and provide code and script review feedback.
- Manage technical dependencies and risks.
- Manage technical partnerships within Apex and across Respawn/EA.
- Spend roughly 80% of time on strategic and leadership work with 20% of your time devoted to hands on tool development.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience with an emphasis on tools/pipelines.
- Shipped multiplayer AAA titles on multiple generations of hardware platforms.
- Experience working on large-scale Live Services title.
- 5+ years of leadership experience.
- Experience with large code bases, legacy code bases, industry standard tool sets and workflows.
- Advanced C/C++ skills.
- C# skills.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Pay offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $178,100 - $271,700 USD Annually
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $166,700 - $271,700 USD Annually
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $201,800 - $271,700 USD Annually
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $166,700 - $227,900 USD Annually
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $166,700 - $258,200 USD Annually
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $134,250 - $220,050 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. In the US, we offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity. For British Columbia, we offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Director - Tools (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc.は、インタラクティブ・エンターテイメント・ソフトウェアの世界的大手企業です。 EAは、インターネットに接続されたコンソール、パソコン、携帯電話、タブレットに対してゲーム、コンテンツおよびオンラインサービスを提供しています。
EEOText: EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無、および法律で保護されたその他のあらゆる状況は考慮されません。 また、犯罪歴のある人物の雇用も、募集要項を満たす応募者の場合は適用法令に従って検討します。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。
Days Open: 151
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無は考慮されません。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。