Lead Software Engineer
Ubicación: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 178686
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in sports & entertainment with nearly 30 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favourite sports, teams, and athletes. We are creating a team to build a new unannounced AAA EA SPORTS product across platforms. This is your opportunity to join this new team to shape the future of interactive entertainment and create the next great EA SPORTS game.
The Advanced Technology Group is part of the EA SPORTS Tech organization, focused on developing the latest game features and engine enhancements in close collaboration with game and engine dev teams. You will be part of a team tackling a variety of technical challenges beginning from proof of concept to implementation for titles across EA. An essential priority for this group is to partner with the Frostbite team, our Game teams, and our central art team to create meaningful user facing experiences and content workflow improvements. You will work on our strategic, multi-year project in unifying our Create-a-Head tools and experiences while improving on the created character heads for all EA SPORTS titles.
The Lead Software Engineer is a part of the game creation process. You will be involved in architectural design and implementation of technology on multiple platforms. You will partner and report to the Development Director and Producer to help build the team's execution. You will work with designers, artists and other engineers to help define complex features across multiple domains including rendering, user interface, platform systems, machine learning and tools.
- Lead the technical design, architecture and implementation of major system components.
- Develop technical solutions for the feature set across all areas of the Advanced Technology Group.
- Work with Frostbite teams on our tools, technology and workflows.
- Work with customer teams across the Sports & Racing organization to bring our technology, workflows and features into their titles.
- Help to guide the team across all phases of the project, from technical discovery, pre-production, production and integration into customer teams; focus on build stability, performance and optimization.
- Participate in interviewing top tier talent to help grow a passionate and performing team.
- Partner with the Development Director and Producer to help guide the team's execution and foster a collaborative team culture.
- Experience with working in gaming.
- Technical leadership and mentoring experience
- Experience leading a team of 5+ engineers.
- C++, architectural, and software engineering skills.
- Experience with the Software design/architecture process
- Take high-level direction, and drive to execution.
- Explain technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- 6 or more years' experience developing object-oriented software.
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. es una empresa de software de entretenimiento interactivo líder a nivel mundial. EA distribuye juegos, contenido y servicios en línea para consolas, ordenadores personales, teléfonos móviles y tabletas conectados a Internet.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 83
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Nuestras decisiones de empleo se hacen independientemente de raza, color, nacionalidad, ascendencia, sexo, género, identidad o expresión de género, orientación sexual, edad, información genética, religión, discapacidad, condición médica, embarazo o estado civil, familiar o de veterano. EA también lleva a cabo ajustes de espacios de trabajo para individuos cualificados con discapacidades, de acuerdo con la ley aplicable.