Senior Game Designer (Economy)
Mehrere Standorte: Marina Del Rey, CA 90292, USA • Redwood City, CA, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada • Orlando, FL, USA • Toronto, ON, Canada
Requisition Number: 178456
Position Title: Sr Game Designer
Senior Economy Designer
Ripple Effect, an evolution of Battlefield's DICE LA, is a Los Angeles and Vancouver-based game studio on a mission to build community-first experiences through continuous innovation and boundary breaking technology.
Our Values: We believe in an honest and transparent environment, where developers grow in our crafts. We value bold risk-taking followed by excellence through iteration. We seek developers with diverse experiences who will enrich our studio creativity.
We are looking for a Senior Designer to focus on designing, optimizing, and driving a world-class in-game economy for the Battlefield Franchise. This experienced, creative, and collaborative person will lead a team that focuses on the complete Live Service funnel (Acquisition – Engagement - Monetization), but will give special attention to establishing a monetization system that is fair and player-first, but also drives high-level results.
Ripple Effect Studios is developing a new Battlefield title, and you will be a key member of the team that defines the player experience for the next generation of the Battlefield franchise. You will report to the Studio Design Line Director at Ripple Effect Studios, but collaborate with stakeholders across all studios that contribute to the Battlefield Franchise. We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within the US or Canada to apply.
- Design compelling monetization systems that align with the game's vision, collaborating with key teammates to ensure these systems are integrated into the core gameplay features
- Build an end-to-end monetization strategy with the goal of promoting early accessibility, improving retention, and increasing in-game revenue and LTV, while remaining fair and fun
- Lead a team that spans across disciplines and across global studios, and that collaborates with similar teams that focus on complementary areas of A-E-M funnel (Progression, UI/UX, Social, and more)
- Strategize with Analytics teams to collect and analyze economic, engagement, and monetization data; build reports on performance, then suggest and implement new strategies and optimize existing tactics
- Understand core gameplay to identify opportunities to drive deeper player investment
- Coordinate with internal teams to develop a strategic and opportunistic plan for the creation of in-game items and driving regular updates to the in-game store
- Create game economy simulations and evaluate their performance & their impact on player experience
- Collaborate across the broader development team to maintain the game economy for the life of the game
- Participate constructively and respectfully in the critique of your work, and the work of others
- Look for opportunities to learn new skills to benefit your growth, your team, and the studio
- 4+ years experience in game monetization or working on economy systems for a live service game, with at least one shipped title (Bonus: You have worked on building monetization systems from the ground up before)
- Ability to model your in-game economy and present it to a broad set of team members and stakeholders
- Thorough knowledge of games and game economies with deep insight into the pros and cons of various tactics
- Knowledge of how player progression systems and economy systems interact
- Understanding of player psychology
- Enjoy creative problem-solving, and value respectful feedback processes
- Broad taste in games
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, and of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great benefits packages and a culture that thrives on creativity and individuality.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Pay offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $113,300 - $171,700 USD Annually
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $111,500 - $171,700 USD Annually
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $126,700 - $171,700 USD Annually
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $111,500 - $144,000 USD Annually
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $111,500 - $157,300 USD Annually
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $93,700 - $143,700 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. In the US, we offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity. For British Columbia, we offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, paid top-up to EI/QPIP benefits up to 100% of base salary when you welcome a new child (12 weeks for maternity, and 4 weeks for parental/adoption leave), extended health/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, disability insurance, retirement plan to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Game Designer (Economy)
Electronic Arts Inc. ist ein weltweit führender Anbieter interaktiver Unterhaltungssoftware. EA bietet Spiele, Inhalte und Online-Dienste für internetfähige Spielkonsolen, Personalcomputer, Mobiltelefone und Tablets an.
EEOText: EA engagiert sich für Chancengleichheit und Gleichstellung. Alle Personalentscheidungen werden unabhängig von Ethnie, Hautfarbe, Herkunft, Abstammung, Geschlecht, Geschlechtsidentität oder ausgelebtem Geschlecht, sexueller Orientierung, Alter, genetischer Information, Religion, Behinderung, Krankheit, Schwangerschaft, Familienstand, Veteranenstatus oder anderer durch das Gesetz geschützte Charakteristiken getroffen. Wir berücksichtigen unter Einhaltung der geltenden rechtlichen Bestimmungen auch qualifizierte Kandidaten mit Vorstrafen. EA sorgt außerdem für die durch geltendes Gesetz vorgeschriebenen Anpassungen am Arbeitsplatz für Individuen mit anerkannten Behinderungen.
Days Open: 225
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA engagiert sich für Chancengleichheit und Gleichstellung. Alle Personalentscheidungen werden unabhängig von Ethnie, Hautfarbe, Herkunft, Abstammung, Geschlecht, Geschlechtsidentität oder ausgelebtem Geschlecht, sexueller Orientierung, Alter, genetischer Information, Religion, Behinderung, Krankheit, Schwangerschaft, Familienstand oder Veteranenstatus getroffen. EA sorgt außerdem für die durch geltendes Gesetz vorgeschriebenen Anpassungen am Arbeitsplatz für Individuen mit anerkannten Behinderungen.