Senior Animator - Maxis (The Sims)
Multiple Locations: Guildford, UK • Geneva, Switzerland • Cologne, Germany • Madrid, Spain • Helsinki, Finland • Galway, Ireland • Amsterdam, Netherlands • Bucharest, Romania • Stockholm, Sweden • Lyon, France • Birmingham, UK • Runcorn, UK • Manchester, UK • Finland • Germany • Sweden • Romania • Ireland • Spain • Switzerland • United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 178425
Position Title: Senior Animator
- Remote options across UK/EU time zone*
Senior Animator - Maxis EU
Welcome to Maxis, home to tinkerers, craftspeople, & storytellers. Our guide is to inspire everyone to make a better world through creative play. As the developer of The Sims, we create games and experiences for millions of people around the world and are always looking for new ways to inspire our players. Maxis is a place where you can do what you love and help others grow while doing it; a place where your unique voice can be heard and seen. We put creativity and inclusivity at the core of our work and don't settle for seeing the world only as it is, but aim to build a world as it could be.
Teams are building the next generation game and creative platform, Project Rene, and reimagining The Sims that players know and love with even more new ways to play.
We're excited you're interested to learn more about how you can join our team and dream big.
You will be reporting to our Senior Development Director within Maxis EU.
- Experience as a gameplay animator contributing to all phases of game production on a AAA title
- Expert in creating full body keyframe animation with a primary emphasis on full body character performance in Maya.
- Experience providing aesthetic feedback to a small group of Animators.
- Decision-making attitude for self or others.
- Excellent technical comprehension about designing animation state machines in a game engine such as Unity, Unreal or similar.
- Experience evaluating human/creature/object rigs for production
- Experience keeping project partners informed on project status and risks and collaborating with diverse groups such as: Design, Production, Engineering, Art, Modelling, VFX, and Audio
- A mindset that focuses on quality, collaboration, innovation, and accountability.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- Create a variety of high-quality keyframe animations and overseeing their implementation from brainstorming through the testing and bug fixing.
- Work with the Director and Discipline Lead to ensure quality, animation style, and philosophy are maintained for work you or others produce.
- Enhance our discipline, by mentoring animators, creating learning material, and spreading knowledge across the animation team.
- Oversee the design of complex animation trees, state machines, and driving thoughtful technical implementation to meet design goals, creating documentation.
- Tracking and oversight of animation assets hook up to support great gameplay.
- Estimate and help scope exercises to ensure animation can meet production schedules.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Animator - Maxis (The Sims)
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 34
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.