Lead Rendering Engineer (Apex Legends)
Multiple Locations: Los Angeles, CA, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 178050
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
Founded in 2010, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they’ll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected.
Respawn Entertainment is the Academy Award-winning studio behind critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order, and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. As a collective of creative developers, we have launched some of the industry’s most critically and commercially successful games. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide.
Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talents in the industry.
- Develop, optimize, and maintain core rendering features, engine components, and tools shipping within a live game environment.
- Provide vision and leadership on large, complex initiatives.
- Work closely with all disciplines to gather requirements, triage and prioritize requests.
- Create, architect, and document technical designs for rendering features.
- Grow and mentor a team of rendering engineers with a broad range of experience and seniority.
- Help with staffing plans for your team and short/mid/long term roadmap planning.
- Proactively identify issues and fix bugs.
- Be a technical leader for Apex Legends and help drive process improvements and set high quality standards.
- Strong C/C++, architectural, and software engineering skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience using modern APIs such as DirectX 12 or Vulkan in a large codebase.
- Experience developing advanced graphics techniques and in depth knowledge of graphics hardware.
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Expertise in several of these fields: vertex, pixel, and compute shaders in HLSL; terrain or environment rendering; character rendering, advanced lighting techniques, particle systems, special effects, art pipelines, tool development and game engine architecture.
- Experience optimizing code and data to improve memory and performance.
- Excellent math skills with an emphasis on 3D math.
- Experience with large code bases and ability to work on code that you didn't write.
- Console programming experience on a AAA game.
- 5+ years of professional experience as an engineer on a game team.
- People management experience with at least 3 direct reports.
"COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Pay offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $149,150 - $233,500 USD Annually
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $136,000 - $233,500 USD Annually
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $171,100 - $233,500 USD Annually
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $136,000 - $190,850 USD Annually
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $136,000 - $218,900 USD Annually
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $114,050 - $185,250 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. In the US, we offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to temporary full-time employees scheduled to work full time. In British Columbia, we offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, and after 3 months of service - extended health/dental/vision coverage and basic life insurance.
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Rendering Engineer (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Days Open: 260
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。