Lead Rendering Engineer (Apex Legends)
여러 위치: Los Angeles, CA, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 178050
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they’ll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. From our roots as an indie studio to joining the expansive roster of studios at Electronic Arts, this remains our guiding principle. We truly love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
As the Lead Rendering Engineer on Apex Legends, you will be the main driver of the architecture for the rendering systems we build, striving to improve the quality, performance, and usability of these systems as well as our processes and tools around them. In collaboration with the team, you will craft the vision and direction for the rendering team’s future roadmap, while providing technical guidance and mentoring to other rendering engineers.
- Develop, optimize, and maintain core rendering features, engine components, and tools shipping within a live game environment.
- Provide vision and leadership on large, complex initiatives.
- Work closely with all disciplines to gather requirements, triage and prioritize requests.
- Create, architect, and document technical designs for rendering features.
- Help grow and mentor a team of rendering engineers with a broad range of experience and seniority.
- Help with staffing plans for your team and long term road maps.
- Proactively identify issues and fix bugs.
- Be a technical leader for Apex Legends and help drive process improvements and set high quality standards.
- You will report to the Apex Platform Group Technical Director.
- Passion for making and playing games.
- Strong C/C++, architectural, and software engineering skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience using modern APIs such as DirectX 12 or Vulkan in a large codebase.
- Experience developing advanced graphics techniques and detailed knowledge of graphics hardware.
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Expertise in several of these fields: vertex, pixel, and compute shaders in HLSL; terrain or environment rendering; character rendering, advanced lighting techniques, particle systems, special effects, art pipelines, tool development and game engine architecture.
- Experience optimizing code and data to improve both memory consumption and execution speed.
- Excellent math skills with an emphasis on 3D math.
- Experience with large code bases and ability to work on code that you didn't write.
- Console programming experience on a AAA game.
- 5+ years of professional experience as an engineer on a game team.
Nice to Have
- Experience leading a team of 5+ engineers.
- Computer science, mathematics, physics, or related degree.
- Shipped multiple AAA titles.
- Console programming experience on a multiplayer AAA game.
If all this excites you, then we want to talk to you. Don't let doubt deter you! We are an equal opportunity team excited about our next journey. Please submit your resume to apply. We will get back to you once we have a chance to review.
"COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these locations. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Pay offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $149,150 - $233,500 USD Annually
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $136,000 - $233,500 USD Annually
• Jersey City, NJ :
º $171,100 - $233,500 USD Annually
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $136,000 - $190,850 USD Annually
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $136,000 - $218,900 USD Annually
• British Columbia (depending on location e.g. Vancouver vs. Victoria):
º $114,050 - $185,250 CAN Annually
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. In the US, we offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to temporary full-time employees scheduled to work full time. In British Columbia, we offer a package of benefits including vacation (3 weeks per year to start), 10 days per year of sick time, and after 3 months of service - extended health/dental/vision coverage and basic life insurance.
Community / Marketing Title: Lead Rendering Engineer (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부, 또는 법으로 금지된 기타 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. 또한, 해당 직책에 합당한 능력을 갖추고 있다면 범죄 기록이 있는 지원자도 관련 법률을 준수하는 방식으로 채용 여부를 고려합니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.
Days Open: 253
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.