Data Analyst Intern
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 177965
Position Title: Intern General
Electronic Arts Romania, one of the largest tech companies and video game developers in Romania, brings together experienced people from diverse work backgrounds and industries all united by a common passion: bringing the best video games in the world to life!
We want you to join us!
We're looking for a Data Analyst Intern to join the Bucharest Analytics team while at it. If you're the questioning type and have a passion to analyze user behavior, feedback, experiences; you want to understand why things happen and you want to share your insights to improve player’s experience, you are in the right place!
You will get the chance to learn how analytics is part of a video game release, from early development until game launch and after, with focus on improving our players' experiences through data-driven insights in order to make informed decisions or help us track process improvements across the organization.
- Learn more about our games and how we work together to bring those experiences in front of our players, and more importantly you will learn what is the role of analytics in that process.
- Learn more about our tech stack and how we do our day-to-day job as analysts in a gaming company.
- You will be responsible for assembling data from multiple sources, clean it and prepare it for operational and exploratory analysis.
- Create reports, dashboards and answer ad-hoc questions that would help our partners to assess the health of our games or that will help us track process improvements across the organization.
- Monitor KPI performance, identify improvement opportunities, understand the WHY.
- You will need to transform complex information into a comprehensible and enlightening form tailored for the intended audience.
- Work with other EA Analytics teams to build and improve current models, and existing methodologies and processes.
- Understanding of how data is stored in databases and ability to write SQL code to retrieve it.
- Organizing amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience with at least one data visualization tool (Looker/ Dundas/ Tableau/ Power BI).
- Good foundation of math and statistical knowledge, including an understanding of descriptive statistics, probability, correlation, regression (use of statistical tools such as R, Python)
- Exposure to Snowflake data platform and understanding is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Google workspace Apps (GDrive, GDocs, GSheets, GSlides).
- Studying towards a Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in a technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics etc.)
- English proficiency (both written and verbal)
- Team player
- Quick learner with an innate desire to continually learn, adapt, and develop abilities.
- Skillful communicator who is not afraid to ask questions and brings new insights to light.
We thought that you might want to know about the following:
- Work schedule: Full-time, starting on July 1st and ending on October 31st.
- Current engagement in a form of formal education: You need to be enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master's degree program at any University at the moment of your application.
Community / Marketing Title: Data Analyst Intern
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 44
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.