Location: Melbourne VIC, Australia
Requisition Number: 177943
Position Title: Quality Designer I
Frostbite is our technology platform for diverse game franchises, being used by thousands of developers to create experiences such as FIFA, Battlefield, Star Wars Battlefront, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Need for Speed and Plant vs. Zombies Garden Warfare. To allow our game makers to create fantastic experiences, they need high-quality tools which evolve over the years. This is where Frostbite Quality Assurance comes in.
We are looking for an experienced Quality Designer who will take ownership of a domain's test strategy and execution. As a Quality Designer you will oversee the quality process and become adept in testing the engine, alongside associated in-house or 3rd party tools.
You will work embedded in a development team, designing and implementing testing strategies, with special focus on prevention rather than reaction. You will work close to Software Engineers, and you will report to the Development Director.
- Provide testing for game features and development tools of the assigned game area
- Create task breakdown and estimates during the early planning stage of development for owned domain
- Use data and research into reporting and building test strategy
- Be the voice of quality for the product by providing design feedback before integration from a technical and end-user perspective
- Identify risks and dependencies, develop plans to reduce such risks, and build these plans
- Analyze features sets and identify opportunities for automation along with benefits, and communicate to engineers
- 4+ years of Quality experience, working with: defect tracking, test creation and execution, bug prevention strategies
- Experience working in an Agile team environment
- Experience with Jira or similar defect tracking and task management databases
What’s in it for you?
We want EA to be the ultimate destination to make great content and experiences. Everything we’re doing here is about creating a culture, environment, and company where you can do the best work of your career – so there’s that. There’s also:
- An employee assistance program, including coaching and therapy sessions to support your wellbeing
- An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers
- 5% annual leave loading – yes, we’ll pay you extra to take a break!
- Bonus end of year leave days – time off between Christmas and New Years, no annual leave necessary
- Volunteer leave and charitable donation matching
- A fitness reimbursement program – $$ to go towards your fitness expenses (memberships and at home equipment)
When it comes to flexibility - we're hybrid forward, so you'll have the opportunity to structure the way you work, to suit the way you work.
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Designer
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 9
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.