Senior Product Owner - Battlefield Central Tech
Location: Orlando, FL, USA
Requisition Number: 177889
Position Title: Assoc Producer II
We are looking for people to join our team building core, impactful, and empowering technology for Battlefield! Our Battlefield Technology Team is home to remarkable technical talent building Battlefield tools and technology on EA's proprietary game engine, Frostbite. We strive to empower engineering and content creation with a myriad of tools and workflows while empowering the multi-studio distributed development team to create connected experiences for Battlefield fans around the world. Our people are the backbone and driving force of our creative products, and that's why we're dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best as we work towards a common cause. Join us!
- Proven experience shipping Consumer (preferably games) or Enterprise products, with the ability to fluently describe needed functionality and break it down into technical Initiatives, features, epics, etc
- Appropriate knowledge of shooters, business models & competition, with the ability to fluently describe needed functionality and break down described Creative experiences into technical Initiatives, Features, Epics
- "You and your entire team always know the most important and urgent things to be working on."
- Collaborate, representing your team's contribution and value to the Franchise through product business planning, from strategic to tactical.
- Work with EA and Franchise teams to ensure core engine and development tech are set up, running smoothly, and meet the needs of Battlefield
- Establish user-friendly tools, systems, and efficient development pipelines and workflows that aid in the development and iteration of game engines, and engineering workflows.
- Guide a data-driven approach to understanding services, their health, and their use by game teams and Franchise
- Be the point of contact for Infrastructure vision, direction, and issues
- Work with release teams and ensure correct versions of backend systems are rolled out at appropriate times
- Contribute to planning activities throughout the cycle of designing, building, and running each game and the entire Battlefield Franchise across the entire Game Development Framework.
- Through appropriate scope and capacity management, ensure Central Tech contributes to great Battlefield games, delivered on time, on budget, and on quality.
- Maintain clear priorities while setting realistic goals.
- Guide product and development direction using metrics, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and data to make informed decisions.
- Collaboration with project management and technical peers and partners
- 7+ years experience as a Product Owner for highly technical engine, deployment, and depot teams working on AAA game(s), through the full cycle of development, or similar experience in enterprise software.
- Roadmapping, planning, and execution across multiple simultaneous projects and years, with fluency and facility in change management.
- Manage through influence across global teams
- Fluency with monitoring tools and dashboards such as PowerBI and other web-based dashboards
- Establish integration and CI/CD systems for global teams, using appropriate communications channels
- Collaboration with project management and technical peers and leaders (especially on highly technical topics and feature sets)
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, and other standards of business.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITSThe base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith and expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. The salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
- California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento): º $108,700 - $166,550
- New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo): º $107,450 - $166,550
- Jersey City, NJ : º $107,450 - $166,550
- Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs): º $107,450 - $153,250
- Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane): º $107,450 - $153,250
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with the baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonuses and equity.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Product Owner - Battlefield Central Tech
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 25
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.