Software Engineer (Gameplay) - Madden/College Football
Multiple Locations: Orlando, FL, USA • Austin, TX, USA • Madrid, Spain • Redwood City, CA, USA • Colorado, USA
Requisition Number: 177864
Position Title: Software Engineer II
Generalist Gameplay Engineer - Central Football
We are looking for a Software Engineer to develop in-game AI behaviors and player mechanics, to work with our gameplay team to improve and rework existing AI and animation systems.
You will work side-by-side with Game Designers and Animators. You will take part in the full game creation process from design and architecture, writing technical documentation, code implementation, debugging and tuning gameplay behaviors and ensuring owned features are shipped under performance, memory and load time budgets.
- You have experience building and maintaining gameplay systems in C/C++.
- You can implement gameplay systems from existing technical designs.
- You are comfortable making recommendations to improve Design/Animation tools and pipelines, and make content creator workflows more efficient.
- You have experience working with the design and content teams to build AI character behaviors and interactions.
- You enjoy debugging, tuning and refining existing functionalities in game.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Experience making and playing games.
- Solid C/C++ skills with an ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code.
- Excellent math skills with an emphasis on 3D math.
- Experience with large code bases and optimizing code, data, and bandwidth to improve both memory consumption and execution speed.
- Console programming experience on a multiplayer game.
"US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
- California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento): º $130,250 - $199,400 • New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo): º $120,450 - $199,400 • Jersey City, NJ: º $147,400 - $199,400 • Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs): º $120,450 - $161,750 • Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane): º $120,450 - $188,600
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity."
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer (Gameplay) - Madden/College Football
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Days Open: 274
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。