Software Engineer (Gameplay) - Madden/College Football
Locații multiple: Orlando, FL, USA • Austin, TX, USA • Madrid, Spain • Redwood City, CA, USA • Colorado, USA
Requisition Number: 177864
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Generalist Gameplay Engineer - Central Football
We are looking for a Software Engineer to develop in-game AI behaviors and player mechanics, to work with our gameplay team to improve and rework existing AI and animation systems.
You will work side-by-side with Game Designers and Animators. You will take part in the full game creation process from design and architecture, writing technical documentation, code implementation, debugging and tuning gameplay behaviors and ensuring owned features are shipped under performance, memory and load time budgets.
- You have experience building and maintaining gameplay systems in C/C++.
- You can implement gameplay systems from existing technical designs.
- You are comfortable making recommendations to improve Design/Animation tools and pipelines, and make content creator workflows more efficient.
- You have experience working with the design and content teams to build AI character behaviors and interactions.
- You enjoy debugging, tuning and refining existing functionalities in game.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Experience making and playing games.
- Solid C/C++ skills with an ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code.
- Excellent math skills with an emphasis on 3D math.
- Experience with large code bases and optimizing code, data, and bandwidth to improve both memory consumption and execution speed.
- Console programming experience on a multiplayer game.
"US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
- California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento): º $130,250 - $199,400 • New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo): º $120,450 - $199,400 • Jersey City, NJ: º $147,400 - $199,400 • Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs): º $120,450 - $161,750 • Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane): º $120,450 - $188,600
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity."
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer (Gameplay) - Madden/College Football
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial, statut de veteran sau orice altă caracteristică protejată de lege. De asemenea, acceptăm și candidaturi calificate din partea persoanelor cu cazier, în conformitate cu legislația aplicabilă. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.
Days Open: 204
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.