Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 177809
Position Title: Producer I
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world’s #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC and mobile.
Innovation, passion and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
If you love football, or you're passionate about your craft, this is a role of a lifetime.
We are looking for an experienced Producer to join our FIFA Gameplay team. The FIFA Gameplay Producer’s mission, is to help create the most engaging and fun in-game experience for our players. You will have a mix of football knowledge and the FIFA Gameplay mechanics like passing, shooting, etc.
Understanding of the game and drive/passion to improve it are important qualities. You will combine video games, football, high-level direction, prioritization and strategic decision-making for the Gameplay team.
- Work with Lead Producers and Creative Designers to create a Gameplay vision and high-level feature set.
- Manage Gameplay mechanics from concept to live, accountable for meeting milestone commitments and quality targets
- Understand the balance and flow of the game to suggest tuning changes.
- Use your FIFA experience to prioritize features, fixes and player feedback.
- Promote and pitch Gameplay ideas to the Executive team and create excitement and enthusiasm.
- Provide leadership, and inspiration for the team through personal example, and enthusiasm.
- Work closely with Software Engineers, Animators and Development directors to implement Gameplay features.
- Understand new trends driving player expectations and behaviors.
- Be the voice of the players, by understanding their feedback and communicating it with the different internal teams.
- Partner with central service teams including Publishing, Marketing, and Consumer Insights.
- Guide peers and junior design staff, help them resolve complex problems and grow their skills.
- Represent game in communications. This includes delivering presentations and taking responsibility for internal reviews with company leadership, partner companies, and handling external interviews with the media.
Who You Are:
- An experienced producer with 6+ years of experience in a game production, design or tech role.
- 3+ years of experience leading game teams and defining game design and narrative direction.
- A passionate gamer who plays regularly. Being a Football and FIFA fan is a huge asset.
- Analytically-minded, getting the data you need to support your ideas and guide your decisions.
- A great communicator, both directly with the team building features and content, but also upward to leadership about status, risks, and challenges.
- Technical abilities such as basic programming/scripting are a welcome asset.
- Broad, in-depth knowledge of game design. Additional areas of expertise in tech, art, and business are nice-to-have.
- Will promote the vision for the game and its features. Experience with public speaking, a plus.
What's In It For You:
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know more about our location: http://careers.ea.com/our-locations/burnaby-eav
Community / Marketing Title: Gameplay Producer
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 21
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.