Senior Infrastructure Software Engineer - (Battlefield Central Tech)
Location: Orlando, FL, USA
Requisition Number: 177801
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
Location: Orlando, Florida
Title: Software Engineer
Grade/Seniority: Sr. Software Engineer (SSE 1) or SE 3 with potential to lead
Requisition type: Full Time
We are Battlefield Central Tech
We are looking for talented people to join our team building core, impactful, and empowering technology for Battlefield! Our Battlefield Central Technology team is home to remarkable technical talent building Battlefield tools and technology on EA’s proprietary game engine, Frostbite. We strive to empower engineering and content creation with a myriad of tools and workflows, while empowering the multi-studio distributed development team to create innovative and connected experiences for Battlefield fans around the world. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products, and that’s why we’re dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best as we work towards a common cause. Join us!
The Infrastructure Team
The Infrastructure Team organizes and implements development workflows and CI/CD infrastructure for all projects within Battlefield Franchise, leveraging central technologies from partner teams across EA (Frostbite, QVE, QE, DRE, etc..).
- Implement & maintain tools and services to help improve the efficiency of how software is developed and tested while elevating the product quality.
- Maintain and optimize build production tool chain and underlying CI/CD infrastructure.
- Monitor technical KPIs and build toolchain and CI/CD services, react to alerts and issues, triage and dispatch to the appropriate team for actioning
- Assist Infrastructure Tech Director in formulating strategies, technical solutions and implementation plans in collaboration with internal partner teams.
- Support Infrax Leads (Tech Director, Product Owner and Development Director) by evaluating requirements, proposing technical solutions, assessing costs & risks and proposing mitigation strategies.
- Generalist with 7+ years of programming and software engineering experience in a professional setting
- 2+ years experience leading technical projects
- Previous experiences as Release Engineer, or CI/CD Engineer, or multiple engineering disciplines in game software development
- Ability to navigate and understand large code bases
- General familiarity with source control & management systems (ideally Perforce)
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to maintain technical documentation, collaborate with partner teams, drive towards technical alignments and decisions, capture and share outcomes in written form
- Ability to support Technical Director in providing day-to-day technical direction of junior team members
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Infrastructure Software Engineer - (Battlefield Central Tech)
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 84
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.