Paid Internship - Frostbite Software Engineer
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 177495
Position Title: Intern General
Electronic Arts Romania, one of the largest tech companies and video game developers in Romania, brings together experienced people from diverse work backgrounds and industries all united by a common passion: bringing the best video games in the world to life!
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine, powering games such as Battlefield, FIFA, Dragon Age, Madden NFL, Plants vs. Zombies, Need for Speed, Anthem, and Star Wars Battlefront II.
Join us, as an intern within Frostbite Bucharest and you will have the chance to understand how this powerful game engine works, build new functionalities from the ground up and understand complex concepts of game development.
Frostbite Procedural is a dynamic and enthusiastic team developing Procedural tools and workflows. Our mission is to provide game teams with the Procedural engine features and tools needed to achieve a fantastic player experience and complete immersion.
What you'll do:
- You will help build features, test and integrate them in-game code, working together with other Software Engineers.
- You will participate in an Agile software process including daily Stand-up meetings and Sprint Planning.
- You will work with the dev and QA team members to resolve road-blockers and ensure the completion of tasks.
- You will get to learn and follow standard software engineering processes and best practices for gathering requirements, design, implementation, and testing. This is a great opportunity for you to experience the gaming industry and the development lifecycle of a very large project.
- Pursuing an education in Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar with an interest and ability in software.
- Programming knowledge in C++. Experience with C# is considered a bonus.
- Familiarity with OOP and data structures.
- Exposure to scripting languages such as Python.
- Algorithmic knowledge using common computing algorithms.
- Skills and interest in visual thinking, geometry, visual arts, or design (including academic or home projects)
- Basic exposure to multithreaded programming and debugging.
- Previous software development experience (including academic or home projects).
- Previous experience with a systematic, rigorous, mathematical approach
We thought that you might want to know about the following:
- Job Location and Work Model: Hybrid from our office in Bucharest or Fully remote from Romania
- Work schedule: Full-time, starting on July 1st and ending on October 31st
- Current engagement in a form of formal education: You need to be enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program at any University at the moment of your application.
Community / Marketing Title: Paid Internship - Frostbite Software Engineer
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 42
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.