Software Engineer III
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 177488
Position Title: Software Engineer III
ROLE: Software Engineer III/ SRE III
Site Reliability Engineer (DevOps/Cloud Infrastructure)
Location: Hyderabad, India
Remote Work Option: No
Electronic Arts is the leading interactive entertainment company, powered by innovative technology. We create incredible experiences for millions of players around the world. But what matters most is our people who inspire us, and the world, to play. As we bring new forms of entertainment to people around the world, we need creative, collaborative, diverse and adaptable people to keep making Electronic Arts better.
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) organization provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA's games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social.
The EA Digital Platform Data & AI Group develops new unified Big Data pipelines across all franchises at Electronic Arts. This platform will incorporate data collection, ingestion, processing, access and visualization all built on a modern, cloud-based tech stack with outstanding tools. We provide the tools and platform which powers the future of game development, marketing, sales, accounting and customer experience.
As a Site Reliability Engineer focused on Big Data technologies, your role covers the entire life-cycle of multiple products -- from helping developers with architecture and delivery to on-call incident response and triage. Your primary focus will be automation and continuous integration/delivery with an emphasis on solving operations issues using software. You will report to the SRE/DevOPS Manager.
EXP: 7-10 years
- You will build and operate distributed, large-scale, cloud-based infrastructure using modern open-source software solutions.
- You will help build and operate a unified platform across EA, extract and process massive data from spanning 20+ game studios, and use the insight to serve massive online requests.
- You will use automation technologies to ensure repeatability, eliminate toil, and reduce mean time to detection and resolution (MTTD & MTTR), and repair services.
- You will perform root cause analysis and post-mortems with an eye toward future prevention. You will design and build CI/CD pipelines.
- You will create monitoring, alerting, and dashboarding solutions that improve visibility into EA's application performance and business metrics.
- You will produce documentation and support tooling for online support teams.
- You will develop reporting systems that inform us of important metrics, detect anomalies, and forecast future results. Develop and operate both SQL and NoSQL solutions.
- You will build complex queries to solve data mining problems.
- You will develop a large-scale online platform to personalize the player experience and provide reporting and feedback.
- You will help in interviewing and hiring the best candidates for the team.
You will help mentor the team members and help them grow in their skillsets.
You will be responsible for driving growth and modernization efforts and projects for the team Qualifications:
- 4+ years of experience with Virtualization, Containerization, Cloud Computing (AWS preferred), VMWare ecosystems, Kubernetes, or Docker.
- 6+ years of experience supporting high-availability production-grade Data infrastructure and applications with defined SLIs and SLOs. Systems Administration or Cloud experience, including a strong understanding of Linux / Unix.
- Network experience, including an understanding of standard protocols/components. Automation and orchestration experience including Terraform, Helm, Chef, and Packer.
- Experience writing code in Python, Golang, or Java. Experience with Monitoring tech stacks like Prometheus, Grafana, Loki, and Alertmanager
- Experience with distributed systems to serve massive concurrent requests Experience working with large-scale systems and data platforms/warehouses.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer III
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 53
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.