Associate Art Director (Star Wars FPS)
Multiple Locations: Los Angeles, CA, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada • Seattle, WA, USA
Requisition Number: 177481
Position Title: Senior Art Director
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when talented people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
In collaboration with Lucasfilm, the Star Wars FPS Team is developing a new AAA FPS in the Star Wars galaxy. Inspired by classic titles like Dark Forces and Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2, our story-driven single player game is being developed from the ground up leveraging the power of Unreal Engine 5. We’re combining this inspiration and technology with Respawn’s pedigree for making best-in-class shooters to deliver a brand new experience our players will love.
We are seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Associate Art Director to join our Star Wars FPS team. Reporting to the Art Director, the Associate Art Director will be responsible for managing and coordinating multiple teams involving cinematics, animation, and characters. The ideal candidate will have multiple years of management experience and feel at home coordinating complex pipelines and production demands. They are a blend of a talented artist, dedicated leader, and a production-minded manager who can deliver results that are beautiful, on time, and within budget.
What you'll do...
- Assist the Art Director with managing multiple teams and efforts involving characters, animation, and cinematics.
- Coordinate with multiple stakeholders to design and implement new production pipelines that meet the specific needs of our product.
- Be able to predict dependencies, production requirements, resource demands, and be able to develop strategic plans to mitigate the risks associated with them.
- Help lead the artistic vision and creative goals of our team.
- Play a critical role in the recruiting efforts of the department, including screening, interviewing, final selection, and offer decisions.
- Coordinate content production all the way from concept to implementation. Ensure content is delivered on time, under budget, and at a consistent high quality.
- Be an advocate for the department's goal and needs. Remove roadblocks, identify risks, and develop mitigation strategies.
- Develop, motivate, and mentor team members. Create opportunities for challenge and growth.
Ideally, you will have...
- 8-10+ years of games industry experience, with at least one prior role as a manager.
- Direct management experience with animation, cinematics, characters, and/or technical teams.
- Demonstrable ability to lead by example, in both quality of work and professional conduct.
- Experience shipping multiple AAA games through the entire production cycle.
- Ability to problem solve from multiple perspectives. Production, technical, and visual art direction skills are required.
- In-depth expertise on relevant software packages and game engines (eg. Maya and Unreal)
- Clear understanding of how to effectively delegate tasks to other managers.
- Ability to both receive and deliver constructive feedback.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
- California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $157,450 - $245,500
- New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $154,950 - $245,500
- New Jersey (depending on location e.g. Jersey City vs. Trenton):
º $154,950 - $245,500
- Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $154,950 - $223,350
- Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $154,950 - $223,350
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Art Director (Star Wars FPS)
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 45
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.