Technical Interface Designer
Multiple Locations: Romania • Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 177478
Position Title: Technical Artist 1
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world's #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
Innovation, passion, and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
The Technical Interface Designer (TID) bridges the gap between artists and software engineers by combining artistic experience with programming and scripting. As a TID you will be part of the art team and work with project managers, programmers and other technical designers, reporting to your TID Lead and Broadcast Development Director.
- Recreation of authentic broadcast and in game overlays to match styles.
- Tweening and timeline based animations and effects.
- UI animations and effects creation using proprietary game engine.
- Apply proper art optimization techniques on in-game assets.
- Build tools and pipelines to improve art and animation workflow.
- You are expected to quickly identify and debug issues.
- We collaborate with engineering and art, explaining both the art team needs and the tech constraints.
- You will document tools on the internal Wiki and support artists on the use of new tools.
- Technical skills, and open to learn new proprietary production tools and workflow.
- Adept in ActionScript 2/3 and C++ or other object-oriented programming languages.
- Familiar with scripting languages like Python.
- Proficient in Adobe Flash/Animate, Photoshop, and other graphics and animation applications.
- 1+ years of experience creating 3D motion graphics, or interfaces with game engines such as Unreal.
- Visual animation and programming.
- Understanding of user experience principles.
- Understanding of revision version control software. Perforce knowledge is ideal.
- Degree in a relevant visual art or technical subject desired (e.g. BSc Computer Science or Game Programming, Game Art and Design Diploma).
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Interface Designer
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 18
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.