Motion Capture Technician
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Requisition Number: 177426
Position Title: Associate Acquisition Specialist
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio and technology to life. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture and craft.
The EA Create Capture team provides high-quality body, face and camera motion performances and 3D likeness capture for in-game, cinematic and narrative sequences.
We're looking to add to our team in Vancouver, Canada to maintain and operate our motion capture and 3D scanning systems to capture assets for 3D scanning, animation, VR and virtual production out of the Vancouver studio.
You will report to the Senior Acquisition Specialist.
This is an 18-month contract
- Support the development teams with the acquisition of motion capture data during performance sessions
- Perform production prep, set up, operation and maintenance of motion capture systems and anxiliary hardware
- Operate and troubleshoot Vicon motion capture systems
- Operate and troubleshoot custom built 3D scanning systems.
- Operate proprietary tools related to motion capture
- Capture cinematic sequences that require the animation of characters, props, and cameras.
- Work with animation leads and director to agree on visual targets of motion capture data
- Track and clean motion capture data
- Learn proprietary art pipelines, new technology, and processes
- Operate real-time retargeting using Motion Builder or Unreal Engine
- Support performer wardrobe fitting and motion capture marker application
- Help document workflow and pipelines
- Contribute to post mortems, provide feedback, help improve motion capture process and data output
- Minimum 2 years of motion capture or animation background in video games, television, film or other related industry
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Motion Builder, Maya or similar 3D animation software
- Knowledge of and experience with motion capture systems
- Work well under the pressures of 'live' production environments
- On-set production experience in related entertainment industry: Film, TV, Video games, VFX
- Experience using 3D software such as Maya, Motion Builder and/or Unreal
- Familiarity with game engines
- Understanding of virtual cameras, VR, and virtual production techniques
- Understand cinematic language and camera terminology
- Knowledge of real world cameras of different types
- Stream live motion into Unreal and/or motion builder
- Experience with Vicon hardware and software
- Production experience in related entertainment industry: video games, film, TV, theater
- Can work under the pressures of 'live' production environments
- Experience Creating high-quality body animation for use in-game
- Believe in teamwork
- Ability to work independently
- Solve issues quickly and offer solutions promptly
- Willingness to travel
Community / Marketing Title: Motion Capture Technician
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 17
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.