Creative Director - Madden
Multiple Locations: Orlando, FL, USA • Vancouver, BC, Canada • Austin, TX, USA • Redwood City, CA, USA • Seattle, WA, USA • Toronto, ON, Canada • New Jersey, USA • Pennsylvania, USA • Texas, USA • Utah, USA • Virginia, USA • Washington, USA • California, USA • Florida, USA • Georgia, USA • Maryland, USA • North Carolina, USA • New York, USA
Requisition Number: 177351
Position Title: Game Design Director
**THIS ROLE CAN BE REMOTE HYBRID WITH 2-3X PER YEAR IN THE ORLANDO OFFICE OR HYBRID IN ORLANDO WITH 3-4 DAYS PER WEEK IN OFFICE**
EA SPORTS Madden NFL is the best-selling sports property in U.S. Video game history. Madden NFL is an immersive, simulation-based, authentic NFL interactive experience, empowering fans to play out their NFL fantasy of winning the Super Bowl (and much more). Madden NFL has entertained fans over three decades with more than 130 million lifetime units sold.
All of EA’s Football Experiences including Madden NFL are developed at EA’s Tiburon Studio in Orlando, FL, and Madrid, Spain by a team that prides itself on innovation and creative collaboration. We are looking for talent with a passion for sports to create experiences that connect with millions of football fans around the world to grow the love of the sport.
CREATIVE DIRECTOR NEW FOOTBALL EXPERIENCES
This Creative Director role is a leadership role that will be central in defining the future of a new Football Experience from concept to launch to delivering engaging experiences for our players on a daily, weekly, and Seasonal beat cadence. This position reports to an Executive Producer in the Football Organization.
- Define the vision for a new football experience and live service centered around football fandom and connection to the sport.
- You will contribute to the development of a multi-year innovative feature strategy that leads to player engagement and growth.
- Shape the future of EA Sports’ American Football Experiences by bringing new ways to play and connect to our fans.
- Mentor and grow designers across the Madden NFL team.
- Unlock the potential and productivity of all designers: coaching rather than solving; assessing people's potential and developmental needs; recognizing and supporting opportunities for learning and career growth.
- Work closely with your Line Producer, Franchise Development Director, and Technical Director to build and execute a plan for innovative growth in existing and new experiences and live services across the game.
- You will foster a diverse and inclusive environment that attracts talent and creates a culture where everyone can excel.
- Set clear goals and success measures for yourself and our team.
- Demonstrate swift and sound data-driven decision-making with a broader business context and develop others to do the same.
- Build relationships across our broader business.
- A passion for interactive entertainment and creating fun and engaging experiences.
- 10+ years of experience leading a large, game development-focused organization (Console, PC or Mobile).
- 5+ Years leading game live services with an understanding of the relation between game content, experiences, and economies.
- Examples of innovative, successful game experience and live service game design.
- Direct people management experience and proven ability to lead a large design organization.
- You have a background that reflects success in addressing challenges across product organization, business, and people spheres.
- AAA game experience preferred.
For more information, please connect with the recruiter directly via LinkedIn.
Darrel Stern | LinkedIn
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people.
US COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.
EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
BASE SALARY RANGES
• California (depending on location e.g. Los Angeles vs. Sacramento):
º $131,600 - $213,300
• New York (depending on location e.g. Manhattan vs. Buffalo):
º $131,600 - $213,300
• Jersey City, NJ:
º $154,800 - $213,300
• Colorado (depending on location e.g. Denver vs. Colorado Springs):
º $131,600 - $179,600
• Washington (depending on location e.g. Seattle vs. Spokane):
º $131,600 - $195,200
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby (following 1 year of service), medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity.
Community / Marketing Title: Creative Director - Madden
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 104
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.